COVID-19 Round 19 - Stick a Forklift in it

3 Likes

3 Likes

An Austrian Court has ruled that the State is not responsible for the superspreader event at a Tyrol ski resort at the beginning of the pandemic, leading to over 6k infections in 45 countries. A German resident had brought the case, claiming that the State was aware of infections at the resort and permitted the infected on planes, infecting other passengers.
The Tyrol authorities had previously been found by an inquiry to be remiss in not shutting down the resorts.

2 Likes

Did my annual flu jab last week and decided to get the covid jab as well. Was a bit wary of the pfizer jab because the last 2 really knocked me around for a few days. Nurse wife told me to “suck it up sunshine” so I did it. This new version seems a bit friendlier. Sore arm overnight but that was all. Phew!

6 Likes

The cookers are all over garlic as a cure now, claiming that it cures 99.9% of cases. I know it has great health benefits, but if garlic makes you immune, why did Italians die in their tens of thousands in 2020 particularly?

5 Likes

There was a program on the ABC about research on a specific strain of garlic, showing that it had potential properties as a preventive or remedy for respiratory infections, which might include SARS. Not your everyday garlic, but from an experimental crop grown in NE Victoria.

3 Likes

If you ever travel to Korea eat lots of garlic quickly to get used to the odour as it is everywhere. I watched People in Seoul eat pieces of raw garlic like lollies and at Korean BBQ you actually get pieces to roast. After a day or so I didn’t notice it and happily ate with the locals.

Mrs Fox was not amuses when I got home as apparently the garlic odour lingered on. I didn’t have a cold ever after a Korean trip.

3 Likes

We eat a lot of garlic at home and the wife actually has ajar of minced garlic in the fridge and eats a teaspoon or two of it every night straight out of the jar. She very rarely gets colds or flu

2 Likes

vomit-jim-carrey

8 Likes

The people in Shandong province also don’t mind a clove or 10 of garlic. If it not the garlic it is the chive dumplings

2 Likes

When I started school, I sat next to a boy of Italian parentage. I had no idea what garlic smelt like at that point and just thought he kept farting, because he was certainly on the bugle.

That was back in those innocent, halcyon days when spaghetti bolognese came in a can.

And coffee came in those coffee/chicory essence bottles.

1 Like

Or, in comic format

4 Likes

Media Watch last night did real hatchet job on the garlic story.

4 Likes

Virginia Trioli playing devil’s advocate to Martin Foley on Brett Sutton’s legacy as Brett moves to a national and international position in CSIRO.

So far since last wednesday 1st twin tested positive, Mrs HD on the friday 10YO Yesterday, Me and 2nd Twin so far touch wood haven’t caught it. Have a friends birthday party celebration on saturday so hoping to make it to that.

3 Likes

4 Likes

In Victoria you die, in NSW you lose your life.
In regard to the higher rate of Covid deaths in Victoria at the height of the Pandemic, Brett Sutton observed that some could be explained in that NSW had a different system of classification. In Victoria, anyone dying with Covid was classified as a Covid death.

As long as people don’t pass, or pass over. Very twee euphemisms.

Robert Newton raged against those expressions in the wartime movie, This Happy Breed.

1 Like

Those numbers… Farken awful.

3 Likes

No offence but it would be extremely irresponsible if you attended

1 Like