COVID-19 Round 19 - Stick a Forklift in it

80 lives lost between NSW and Vic combined.

Nada. I’ve stopped now.

Not sure of the state for this one but everyone who lives in Qld is covered for ambulance- no additional charge or membership fees. (This is just an aside … not condoning stupidity)

1 Like

1 Like

If a close contact is 4 hours of contact then why check in unless you are going to be there for more than 4 hours. I check in but I always think it is a waste of time.

1 Like

They’ve stopped them as of midnight in retail over here. Common sense prevails.

1 Like

Didn’t they say yesterday more deaths would be added after a new bunch was classified?

1 Like

Stop being a spoilsport.

1 Like

It’s useful for soap opera script writers.

QR codes for big nights out are useful. Too many times I’ve wondered the next morning “where the fark did I go last night”, and now it’s easy to check.

But in terms of infection control - yeah, their utility is probably minimal at best now.

4 Likes

NSW ahead of Vics on hospitalisation and ICU numbers, but does not report numbers on ventilators?

I hope the ambo’s were decent enough to bring a pizza and a six pack of beer for the bloke.

2 Likes

5 deaths in SA, cases have dropped again and still heading in the right way with hospitalisations.

12 deaths in QLD and CHO said a third of those deaths were unvaccinated

People I think are also starting to come out of their bunkers judging by the traffic today compared to last Saturday. It’s nice to see.

Get your voucher day?

I have a good mate who is an ambo here in Sydney. You would be surprised the number of people who are wasting resources with unnecessary calls out for ambulances - hence the need for the ad. Every day he is getting called out at least a couple of times for completely unnecessary reasons - ie non medical emergencies.

But hey I’m sure your attack on the premier is completely fair given you’re all over the circumstances.

4 Likes

A lot of junior sport started again today too so traffic increased aswell. Going to head into the CBD for lunch so will see what it’s like in there

Yeah but it could be prefaced with, the Omicron outbreak of coronavirus has been mishandled by us in terms of public health settings.

As a result our Ambulances are under tremendous strain, Please consult your GP or after hours care before contacting where possible etc.

That’s not how it’s put on the NSW advertisements

What is this voucher you speak of and where can I get one?

Have fun. Beautiful day.