COVID-19 Round 19 - Stick a Forklift in it

Waaaaay too many deaths as it is.

Whew, hard to trust anyone, seems the whole site is being corrupt

I really do wonder why the number of deaths and cases are reported daily.
Just do it weekly allowing time to get the deaths more accurate.
They won’t be 100% due to complexities, but they should capture 95% of them.

1 Like

Did be crack triple figures deaths today? 500 for the week?

“Positive cases will have to isolate for seven days, rather than 14 days, and no test will be required after seven days if symptoms are gone.”

New WA rule, but if you enter from another state with a negative RAT 24hours prior and get another negative this time with a PCR within 48hours of arrival, you still have to isolate for 14days. Righto.

3 Likes

Inference seemed to be to discourage interstate arrivals , to limit pressure on hospitals and hotels, pending the opening of the fit for purpose quarantine facility.
Was there something about direct family member visitors being able to iso away from HQ? Don’t suppose that would help if it is still two weeks.

Yep, if I got approved I could iso at mum and dads but they iso as well for 14days.

2 Likes

August is a long way off.
Hopefully they are way past the point of quarantine for all by then.
Travel should be pretty much open slather by March/April so I don’t know what he will do then

1 Like

WA has to maintain facilities for rostered workers bulk cargo shipping and for FIFO workers.
IDK the level of international arrivals within the WA cap.
There was mention of some sort of concession for international arrivals from another State. I have expat friends desperate to get home to Perth to visit elderly family there.
Ebden is seeking a special deal from Mark to get home to his heavily pregnant wife after the AO.

Cam Green got back in after the Ashes with a “Student” exemption but when quizzed on it McGowan didn’t know the hows and why but said he would look into it.
International arrival cap is 265 per week and International arrivals coming in direct need to do 7 days in hotel quarantine and 7 in home isolation. If they return to Australia via another state they fall under the domestic rules and so need to do 14 days home isolation.

1 Like

The nsw govt is now running condescending ads showing people calling 000 for an ambo for trivial reasons and basically saying save it for real emergencies.

This is what you get in a crisis. First time I’ve ever seen the need.

I’m pretty sure most people have that level of common sense Dom you dimwit.

We’ve had someone call triple 0 from the waiting room because they believe they’ve been waiting too long.

14 Likes

They run similar ads in VIC. Seems a necessary message to put out there

Dad’s best friend was MFB and attended a house in Croydon with the Ambos for a potential heart attack.
Turns out the person (that he described as Jabba the Hutt) was just too lazy to get up and get their smokes off the top of the fridge.

2 Likes

That’s what being a paramedic in Queensland is like

1 Like

A friend of mine picked up a suspected heart attack patient so she didn’t have to pay the bus fare to get to the pokies. She cleared the hospital before my mate finished his paperwork.

Did she later find she wasn’t an Ambulance member?

1 Like

49!

2 Likes

NEW AUS RECORD incoming?

2 Likes

What’s the point in QR code check ins?

The government isnt using it to contact trace anymore or monitor where tracing new infections.

Just took my son to his swimming lesson and I reckon 10 families just walked in without checking in. I did (check in) but just annoying seeing that.

6 Likes