COVID-19 - Round 4 - diseaseologists welcomed

She also said.

“Touch wood we have the virus under control, but we can’t let complacency rule the day,” she said.

Touch wood? Shouldn’t it be less about luck and more about science?

1 Like

Science? But what about Jesus? He’ll save you if you just believe.

VIC +21

Cedar Meats 1
Fawkner Maccas 2
Close Contacts 3
Overseas Hotel 6
Investigating 9

Far out

Maybe he only saves the ones who also follow science. A quick search shows there are a lot of believers who should be nominated for Darwin awards:

And others not up for Darwin awards necessarily:

4 Likes

I have no problem with the article, and I get that you want to put the two main points in the tweet, but it still seems a bit snarky for the ABC.
I’m used to it from other sources, but I expect them to be better.

Where have the other 12 come from?

4 Likes

leave out the bits we don’t need?

Close Contacts 3
Investigating 9

1 Like

cough bullshit cough

could be, but also could not be as is 9 cases listed as unknown

1 Like

Has this been confirmed? It wasn’t noted in the figures.
I’m assuming they are assessing whether it came from Cedar Meat transmission?

You see these are unknown unknowns.
While we know there are no (new) known unknowns …

4 Likes

Less. 2-3 days a week I’m getting to the end of my to-do list at about 3:30-4:00 and deciding it’s too late in the day to start something new.

I’m in a great situation though where my job is unsupervised, and my bosses (board) couldn’t give a flying fk if I’m doing 6 or 56 hours a week so long as everything’s getting done when it should be.

2 Likes

We will be back on stage 3 restrictions by the end of the month, calling it now…

2 Likes

Victoria?
We haven’t even started stage 3 restrictions.

All Myer stores are closed and only doing online orders + contactless click and collect in some cases.

The active cases have been going down in every state in the last week. The Vic numbers are he closest to stabilising. Today’s active cases / recovery numbers are yet to make it into the data.

Coronavirus case in Rockhampton nursing home after nurse tests positive

Posted 26mminutes ago, updated 16mminutes ago

Contact tracing is underway after the case at the North Rockhampton Nursing Centre.(Supplied: Google Maps)

A nurse has tested positive for coronavirus at a Rockhampton aged care home, one of two new cases for Queensland in the past 24 hours.

The state-run North Rockhampton Nursing Centre reported the case and said extensive contact tracing was underway.

The centre is a 115-bed facility, with 180 staff.

Health Minister Steven Miles said the centre was in lockdown and any staff who had contact with the nurse were in quarantine and had been tested.

He said the result from that test was confirmed at 8:00pm last night and a rapid-response team from Brisbane had been sent to the city.

In Victoria or Australia wide?
Thought there was about 20 stores open

It’s been bothering me that QLD testing has been (relatively) low. With 5 million people and less than half of Victoria’s testing, do they really have a handle on how things truly are? A case just appears out of nowhere in Rockhampton? At a nursing home, of all places?

Alarm bells.

6 Likes