COVID-19 - Round 4 - diseaseologists welcomed

The bouncers were apparently given 5 minutes training by the adjoining car park manager.

1 Like

The other piece is if every child who was a close contact in class is getting tested. I know theyā€™re being recommended but we donā€™t know if itā€™s actually happening. Theyā€™re asked to self isolate, ā€œand get tested if you have symptoms or are concernedā€, but how many who show stuff all symptoms are getting tested? I think that puts a further time lag to tracing them, as it takes an adult to get sick connected to them before they trace it back.

1 Like

Yes, I agree youā€™ve never said that. Apologies.

1 Like

Without having to scroll back up and read everythingā€¦ can anybody summarise what it is that Victoria are doing wrong that other states are not?

Using under trained, contracted security for hotel quarantine instead of ADF/Military is the big one.

1 Like

A couple of security guards stuffed up, and once it got out of the bubble it spread extensively before we realised, now weā€™re trying to reel it back in.

Itā€™s like South Korea and nightclubs.

More high risk international arrivals requiring quarantine than other states.

stupid hotel security.

selfish fuckwits in the community who refuse to get tested and/or isolate when required.

3 Likes

But that shouldnā€™t matter as long as quarantine procedures are followed correctly.

Might be as simple as the appropriately trained ADF are based in Bris/Syd/Adel/WA.

Melbourne itā€™s pretty light on for ADF who arenā€™t driving a desk somewhere, so the deployment costs for the right people may have been exorbitant.

Devilsā€™ number: 87

While possible just seems a bit unbelievable to me that every state would have affordable access to them except VIC.

Yes but the more you have the greater the risks and probability of a breakdown in procedure. If we had 50 people in hotel quarantine across the city instead of say 300 (I donā€™t know the actual number but itā€™s obviously significant) I doubt this wouldā€™ve happened.

1 Like

Nelson.

It was widely discussed in here a few days ago.

You dont have to believe the other states. Its easy for their politicians to say anything as they dont have any cases. They may not have 100% ADF forces as security.

3 Likes

That 1-2hr wait is highly suspect.
I thought the samples have to go to a lab for results. Thereā€™s no mobile tests available and I thought the Americans are the only ones with the rapid tests and their accuracy is very suspect (although they are beautiful).
The 5-6 days would be the ones weā€™re sending interstate to help with results.
The majority of the results should be around 4 days.

ADF also were minimising movement of staff so maybe didnā€™t want to add risk to their people.

ADF are all pointed North and West. There are large bases in all of those other cities. Melbourne has far far less active military members.

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies.