COVID-19 - Round 4 - diseaseologists welcomed

Still under harsher restrictions than all other states and delaying making a decision about schools

Pointless

3 Likes

From 140,000. Pretty…pretty…pretty good.

3 Likes

I can have a beer with friends this weekend for the first time in months. Doesn’t feel pointless. Feels like a massive relief.

11 Likes

2 Likes

Baby steps.

He said clearly schools would be returning before the end of term two, details to come.

It’ll be announced this week as the end of the month.

seriously, wtf is wrong with you bullwinkle?

do any other states have active clusters?

fmd

9 Likes

Easy. I think the school thing is one of the most stressful points for parents and teachers. People are just frustrated.

2 Likes

Surprised nothing on restaurants, but this is a short time period (few weeks to end of May). But given they’ve picked up 30 cases with no links to other people, I can understand they want to be careful.

In fact, he’s talking about cafes & restaurants right now. Idea is go slow now, when 10 patrons wouldn’t make restaurants viable, and then jump to something higher which is more viable for cafes & restaurants. Sounds sensible.

2 Likes

Yes, my girl wants to go to school, she’s climbing up the walls

Just delaying delaying and more delaying

Can’t even go to the playground still

1 Like

talking to it now. The suggestion being that by holding on for another 3 weeks may mean they’ll be open to a larger capacity, rather than the 10caps they would currently be operating under (which would border on financially nonviable anyway).

2 Likes

Dictator Dan just explicitly said NO TRAINING REPORTS.

5 Likes

Does AFL include VFL?

See above image; it just has to be a “professional” sport.

I thought the VFL season got canned already?

1 Like

he said ‘no amateur footy’

Much more cautious than other states.

Fark yes.

Screw NewsCorp and well done Dan.

17 Likes

Just whether VFL listed players would be able to train. If AFL comp restarts, with our injury history, might need some top ups.

Not that much really. Especially when compared with QLD and NSW which are obviously more comparable from a population and rate of infection stand point. Same number of people gathering, where they’re gathering and school re-opening the two major differences.

1 Like

Didn’t they also open cafes and restaurants for less than 10? Or I might be thinking of another state(s):

Regardless, I’m very glad he’s being cautious

1 Like