Covid 19 - Round 6 . The Winter Slog

They thought they had it contained when they closed the hotels for cleaning.
They then found the Keilor Downs family cluster, just before restrictions.
There was no evidence it was linked to the hotel quarantine at the time.
Unfortunately, they didn’t realise how far it spread.

We’re on 21. But most of the higher LGAs have been locked down an extra week and a bit.

1 Like

Yeah i forgot about that. I wonder if that helped at all.

It doesn’t looked to have. Remember it was a testing blitz as well. They seemed to be testing as many as possible regardless of symptoms.
I wonder how many people were tested back then and then found symptoms now and re-tested.

1 Like

Does that graphic suggest that the huge uptick today is probably because of the 42,000 people who were tested Sunday?

Or does ‘Tests’ actually represent tests finalised (as in a result) on any given day? Which would obviously not be as good

1 Like

I was told earlier today (on Blitz) that this is the case. So not good.

2 Likes

Yep.
It’s test processed not test schwabs.

Right. So we are proper farked then.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. I get the vibe from the last couple of pressers and in particular today’s - that they have done a stack of target testing.

1 Like

Sure it does. Public interest for them to be identified so people can stay away and protect their health. These two people have shown in the most obvious way possible that they can’t be trusted to keeps the public wellbeing at the forefront of their mind.

Literally the tinniest bit of Fawkner is in Hume, 95% of it is Moreland.

The reason we have volatility is because people select themselves. If the sample was more representative of the population, we would not get such volatility.

The age breakdown is very significant. Perhaps the younger demographic are beginning to take the virus more seriously given some recent stories. The younger demographic are more likely to be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic, so this may be a good development. We are starting to sample those we need to sample and isolate.

4 Likes

Nah. We get “Pandemic Leave” where any leave we need to take off for being tested/furloughed/iso/positive etc doesn’t come out of sick or annual leave but that’s about it. We’re (well less me because I’m not so physical with patients as others) at higher risk of hospital transmitted diseases everyday. Most staff probably already have various antibiotic resistant bugs!

2 Likes

Each closure results from one person testing positive and 95% of those positive tests aren’t caught at the school itself. Say they close schools, what do you propose with kids of parents who are essential workers?

not sure if its the best practice but its better than most, if you need time off for the test and subsequent positive test, you use sick leave, if you run out you get pandemic leave, at least at my job.

Can anyone tell me if you live in Ocean Grove are you still aloud to travel outside of Greater Geelong.

In N.Z for Level 4 essential workers expanded their bubbles to include a caregiver or the parents worked out their own schedule. My husband (essential business) allowed 2 workers to determine their own hours because their wives were nurses. Very few, if any, essential workers were unable to find a solution and schools stayed closed. Keeping schools open as babysitting facilities is dumb.

2 Likes

212 cases from today are hidden in under investigation.
DHHS really need to provide some more info on these.

It won’t be long until conspiracy theories come from it. I.e. One of Andrew mates doesn’t want his business publicised so they are hidden in under investigation.

As @choppsuey mentioned - the old site in East Melbourne.

Are they leaving this empty in the expectation that the current ICU is overrun?

Just tell your agent you want a discoubr[quote=“Truck, post:197, topic:19170, full:true”]

They’re definitely not yet. That will have a decent lag. I’ve been keeping an eye on it because i want to move. There’ll be a time very soon when people start defaulting on their rent and there’s an over supply.
[/quote]

Just tell your agent you want a discount and name your price.