Covid 19 - Round 6 . The Winter Slog

No it’s not. But you can’t have Covid patients in a hospital treating en masse immuno suppressed cancer patients!

9 Likes

Now I’m worried about…well, the hint is in the name.

1 Like

Referring to the old site in East Melbourne which state give spent $20m refurbishing as a Covid hospital and isn’t being used yet.

2 Likes

The 6th Police Academy movie was called ‘City Under Siege’.

Relevant

5 Likes

Needs moar citizens on patrol.

vigilante justice for all.

C’mon Melbington

11 Likes

Epping Gardens a Heritage Care place. IIRC the same company that was managing St Basil’s…

7 Likes

Andrews doesn’t want to judge those going to work when they’re sick… Reckon it’s probably about time they were judged.

12 Likes

Spot on, it needs to be treated like a bushfire…

He’s treading too lightly there. Impose a $5,000 fine.

Edit - Stupid idea. Will deter people from getting tested.

1 Like

My niece was once a manager of a Heritage home, she left, alongside one of the owners, and started a new private one (we moved our parents to that one and things improved dramatically). Heritage are horrible, their treatment of patients is poor, their quality of service is poor, their attitude to dignity is below standard.

And it is why he is treading carefully, they want these people on side, not alienating them further.

3 Likes

They’re not onside at the moment, up to $1800 hasn’t got them onside. Do we have to beg people to not be ■■■■■?

I think the point @wimmera1 is making is that for many people waking up feeling normal is waking up with pain or a sore throat or a dry cough.
We still need to work on these normal days, so the trick is to distinguish the abnormal days with more severe symptoms that might be signalling something viral.

5 Likes

I think that has been setup as an ICU facility

1 Like

I doubt it would work.

1 Like

that’s correct.

nope. so time for the judge.

3 Likes

It is.
I’d need to be bed-ridden before I stopped thinking ‘this is fine.’
Which of course would be far too late.

3 Likes