COVID-19 Round 9 - vax on, vax off

It’d be a violation of my human rights to make me cook for myself when I’m in HK and not be able to enjoy all of that amazing food.

2 Likes

Who was it that she gave a lot of crap to? Was it @Crazy_Bomber? If so, he would have won every argument hands down, no question (in his mind).

1 Like

When @nicolala left, you became soft. No real competition for calling out idiots.

Those dudes were harshing my mellow, man!

I just came to terms with the fact that being an Essendon fan does not equate to intelligence, or not being an ■■■■■■■■.

1 Like

Except, it’s the time of the year for ’ Hot Pot ’ when HKer’s cook their own meal at a restaurant - Never understood this concept - You go to a restaurant because you don’t wish to cook.

I made this post over 7 years ago in the 2013 forum awards thread…some things don’t change…

2 Likes

i hope you found solace in realisation you’re an unintelligent ■■■■■■■■.

Repatriation flight scheduled for Hobart 8 January will now land in Darwin - more spots for those Vics ferrying their way south.?

COVID NSW: Government confident it has the vaccine to prevent COVID cases | Herald Sun

A vaccine already being produced in Australia is “100 per cent effective” in preventing severe cases of COVID-19 infections, new data shows.

The federal government is “confident” it has backed the right COVID vaccine as data to be released in Australia shows the Oxford/AstraZeneca-developed jab is as effective as the already approved Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna jabs.

Australia has thrown its weight behind the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, with 50m doses to be manufactured in Melbourne by pharmaceutical company CSL and almost 4m of those doses to be delivered to Australia in January and February.

Until now the precise efficacy of the jab was yet to be determined through clinical trials.

Staff at CSL working on the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images

But AstraZeneca chief executive Pascal Soriot said new data would show the vaccine would be just as effective as the already-approved Pfizer and Moderna vaccines that protect 95 per cent of patients.

And it would be “100 per cent effective” in preventing severe illness.

“We think we have figured out the winning formula and how to get efficacy that, after two doses, is up there with everybody else,” Mr Soriot said.

Senior UK government officials expect the drug watchdog will approve the vaccine before Thursday, kickstarting the rollout of the jab to 15m vulnerable people in Britain.

A spokesman for federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said the news was “promising”, and paved the way for the entire population to be vaccinated by the end of next year.

Pascal Soriot, chief executive officer of AstraZeneca. Picture: Simon Dawson/Bloomberg

“Data on vaccine safety and efficacy is increasingly promising, leading to confidence that there will be a range of successful vaccines being available in 2021,” the spokesman said.

Unlike the US, Britain and Canada which slashed red tape to fast-track vaccines, the Australian government plans to roll out the vaccine in March.

“Before any COVID-19 vaccine is approved for use in Australia, it will be subject to the well-established and rigorous assessment and approval processes of the Therapeutic Goods Administration,” Mr Hunt’s spokesman said.

“The rollout of the vaccine in Australia will be guided by the Medical experts of the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.”

Health Minister Greg Hunt says data on a COVID vaccine is increasingly promising. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Sarah Matray

The UK government regards the Oxford vaccine as the one that would transform the fight against COVID, as it can be stored in a fridge and costs $A3.50 a shot.

The Pfizer vaccine, of which Australia has ordered 10 million doses, has to be kept at temperatures of -70C and costs $A26 a dose.

My first hotpot experience was in Guangzhou where I cooked the food on the table in a pot containing a swamp of chillies. When the food was cooked I took it out and dipped in roasted sesame paste and garlic. The taste was amazing.
I then spent all night lying on the bathroom floor as my stomach had caught fire. It was so hot it would probably kill covid.

Never ever again.

3 Likes

This was a setup involving Channel 7 who just happened to be on site when the incident occurred.

2 Likes

Japan has pretty much closed its border to all countries until the end of January

I have a few life rules and one is ‘Never eat Hot Pot within 24hrs of an International flight’

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Live: Mayor of northern beaches says community is ‘over it’ as restrictions carry on
The Mayor of Sydney’s northern beaches says his community is fatigued by the current COVID-19 lockdown. Follow live. Read the full story

As a Victorian, I am sorry to say that I have little sympathy yet. HTFU and come back in around a month to complain…

*ETA: understanding, yes; sympathy, not so much

9 Likes

Over such a little lockdown already? Those Sydneysiders don’t know how to do a real lockdown.

2 Likes

Gladys says…

15k tests
5 new from Northern Beaches

Gladys says…

NYE
No spots for frontline workers - too risky
No crowds on foreshore
Bookings for restaurants and with permit - okay
If you live in Sydney, you can have the permitted amount of people (from the right locations), to your place

Gladys says…

Northern Beaches restrictions in place til 09 Jan

Reevaluate other restrictions on 02 Jan

Easing of restrictions hopefully on 03 Jan