Crichton Medal - top 10

Great medal night , really enjoyed it.Well done to Joe,very humble man.
Emma obviously loves the club.Great club bring on 2018.

1 Like

Bit suprised McGrath didn’t sneak into the top 10.

1 Like

A few pointed out during the season that both Goddard and Heppell had run with roles.

1 Like

Seriously you have no idea. Goddard was moved from an inside mid role to the wing, to allow a struggling Zaharakis more time inside. Goddard also moved back for the last 3 matches to allow McGrath time in the midfield.

6 Likes

Had a great night.

Thanks to that KOALA bloke for sorting things out.
It is definitely a fun night to do.

Might be time to give this Goddard thing a rest DP.

I don’t know you personally, but if I had to guess, I’d say you don’t regularly admit that you were wrong about something.

So I don’t expect to do that, but maybe just let this one go?

Goddard isn’t cooked yet. Watson was cooked, as was Stanton (to a lesser extent). But BJ seems to have found a way to contribute strongly to the team, despite not being at the elite standard he used to be.

He had a very, very solid year.

10 Likes

He polled less votes than the winner

13 Likes

Yep, … thats kind of the way it works.

Moons was a pleasant surprise. Even if subdued. Hope they continue with him.
Had no idea he was a Don.

1 Like

Yep scotty at the meal breaks was superb.

Emma was good.

Think young McGrath could MC it he speaks so well, but cant give out prizes to themselves.

Would love to see Hirdy as MC.

Speeches were ok.
Hard to compare with hirdies from a few years ago now and McVeighs.

A lot of the younger boys really loved what kelly has brought to the club. Hope his coaching goes well, seems like a great fella and still managed top 10. He us a AFL great among my eyes.

I loved the bit where xavier said Jobe still a brownlow medallist.

Jobes speech was very personal, seems to be in a good space, love how he reached out to all old teammates that went thru saga.

Would have liked lucas to interview parish.
Last round votes in final interesting Gleeson and Parish did well.

Fantasia & Hurley without injury probably finish top 5 but would be close.

Great watching on tv.

Could listen to sheeds for ages.

1 Like

What was said about the future plans of the TVSC?

Lots of development.

1. Hall of fame
  2. Leadership and development centre
  3. Women’s footy space
  4. More seats! (More?)
  5. Plan to play some vfl and aflw games at tvsc but still maintain spiritual home at Windy Hill

Thanked those who have contributed ‘you know who you are’

2 Likes

Lesson in how not to move on from the messiah status you assume you’ve achieved by coaching to a flag in 2017. Beveridge from the Dog’s medal count…
'What the players are saying in their recent reviews, they took into account the importance of pursuing a healthy way to live our lives in totality. Not just prosperity in our sporting code. There was no denial or victim mentality; the boys were addressing things we all believe are at the nub of our challenges." Beveridge went onto quote the song Mystery Zone by Spoon and American poet and essayist Ralph Waldo Emerson in a rallying call of sorts to the gathered club faithful and players. ’

Is it just me or is Beveridge less concerned with actually connecting to young guys at their level through some plain English, than he is with sounding like an intellectual coaching messiah?

3 Likes

OHH and Fantasia wants to play more midfield next year - like Robbie Gray, still kick goals, but spend more time in the middle with his break away speed.

1 Like

Found this one really interesting, because playing well in a final is obviously a positive thing.

Players who polled well in the final, but didn’t get in the top 10 in the BnF
Gleeson
Parish
McGrath
Begley

So that’s a wonderful thing for the future of our club, and something to really look forward to in 2018.

Players who didn’t poll well in the final, but did finish in the top 10 in the BnF.
Zerrett
Hurley
Walla
Hooker (because he didn’t play)

This is also a positive, as I’m pretty certain all of those blokes can play good finals footy.

Zerrett I have no concerns about.
Hurley got 30 touches in the final so was involved enough
Walla’s game should be ideal for finals
Hooker did not play

1 Like

Of those players I think Parish will take a massive step forward next year.

Surprised Hepp got so many in the final, I thought he had a shocker

3 Likes

6 coaches voted so he averaged a 2/5. Is that right?

A very deserving winner. The only surprise for was Goddard, clearly I, like many others, underrated his contributions in the second half of the year. That’s why B&Fs are so interesting, you get to see what the coaches really value. Not all surprised by Heppell’s finish (except that I tipped him to win…), his year has been horribly underrated and I look forward to seeing him in 2018 back in full flight.

3 Likes

Even adding 1 seat is more seats

1 Like