Cricket Part II

126kpm ? Just like Broad, then. These days, that is.

Just for the laugh they should give MotM to Anderson.

Imagine if our batting lineup wasnā€™t such a farceā€¦ England might have been embarrassed today.

@HowManyGoal

Team will he announced before the Shield rounds. Theyā€™ll need to go on BBL form.

They donā€™t actually do that, do they?

Yes they do, they have even stated that they do. They also take into consideration the SS and ODD that have already been played.

The commentators are constantly saying they donā€™t like the review system and that it doesnā€™t work. Then every time an incorrect decision is overturned e.g Root yesterday, they go silent.
From my side it adds some interest to the game and at the end of the day produces more correct decisions than without it.

I agree. Itā€™s not perfect, but itā€™s an improvement on just using onfield umpires

Root gone to hospital this morning. Severe dehydration. May have to retire & not bat.

Two days in field/batting with helmet on in the heat has cooked him.

wtf were the English medical staff doing yesterday then?

They say it was 57c on the field for most of the day. Surely that is an OH&S issue for the ICC?

But yes, it seems strange he was not being given much fluids throughout the day to avoid this? No one else was suffering to that degree, after all Shaun Marsh batted all day then fielded the rest of it and he was fine.

1 Like

From Cicinfo:
9.55am: Root is on his way to the ground but unlikely to resume straight away, the ECB have announced. Sounds like he will be okay to bat at some point, though

I assume this means that if they look like it is tight and they need to survive for the draw he will bat, but if they get rolled it will be unlikely for him to bat.

1 Like

Iā€™m a cynical kind of guy.
But I would not want to see him coming in if the first wicket falls after half an hour.

Bowl yourself, capā€™n.
Three overs then bring two quicks on.

Iā€™m a little delirious after nightshift, butā€¦was that just a Franco Cozzo ad or am I having a stroke?

1 Like

ā€œGran Sale Gran Sale Gran Sale.ā€

And either Francoā€™s ties have shrunk or his guts have grown!

Now Iā€™m thinking of that time Graeme Smith came back out to try and save a game after he got his hand broken by Johnson.

2 Likes

hmmmm

what a weaselly little grub.

10AM: iā€™m thirsty guys, canā€™t bat.
11AM: Iā€™m OK!!! xoxo

shattered he didnā€™t go out first ball.