Cricket Part II

Should be reversed.

On paper we have a lot of depth and talent. On field it just doesn’t come together at all well.

Langer has a big job ahead of him to rebuild this side. Not just rebuild in the sense of winning but rebuilding the psyche of the whole of Australian cricket.

The selectors and CA, along with Lehman, have a lot to answer for for the disintegration of Australian cricket. It has started at domestic level and has been carried into the senior side.

1 Like

I disagree with our depth and talent. These blokes are not up to international standard. How some of these techniques and flaws have got through domestic cricket is staggering. Barely anyone in the current setup would have got a game in almost any other era

4 Likes

FTB flat track bullies…ive said for years that when pitches get a little bit the dont have …

a…any desire to ocuppy the crease for a sustained period of time

b…no poor technique to defend work the ball!

2 Likes

As I said, CA, Lehman and the selectors have a lot to do with what is going on now. These blokes are quite talented, the issue is though they have been pushed into T20 cricket which requires no great technique and is ruining them.

They are talented, they have been ruined technique wise due to CA.

We are ■■■■■■■ ■■■■

#elitehonesty

that’s a sad card

Although thanks to my mate informing me that SA were $2.46 before the start of play…

Bird, Cummins, Patinson, Burns, Renshaw…
Throw in Smith, Warner and the other bloke…Bancroft.

The team has problems, the entire set-up has problems, but I don’t have any time for this ‘Australia’s no good because they’re jerks.’
That’s just really stupid.

I reckon it has a lot to do with our best players never playing domestic cricket unless it’s 20/20 hit and giggle stuff once they start their international careers. Any young guys rising through the ranks only get to face the also rans, the never were’s, the old guys sliding into retirement, and young guys like themselves. And the coaches and selectors have no balls. And favouritism is rampant. We run almost the perfect recipe for disaster.

3 Likes

Development at State and district level is apalling aswell. Trav has had the same technical flaws since a junior and yet he hasn’t been pulled up on it. Having been myself involved at junior district level in the past I’ve seen how shocking it has become

3 Likes

Burn it all down and start again

That’s what they did.

Wonder if Foxtel bought the rights to all the lethal weapon movies
Might need to crack open a couple of them after dinner

2 Likes

Usually, it’s Robert Craddock interviews with Dean Jones or Merv Hughes or Len Pascoe or…

Awesome movies!

1 Like

Did they though?

It’s time for the root and stem approach.

Domestic cricket used to be our greatest advantage, its now holding us back.

theres a perfect example of the bull ■■■■ that is cricket…

20 overs to go and you play the ramp shot…

work if for 2 then go again

its pathetic!

2 Likes

That’s the technique issue and the impact of T20 cricket.

Some awful shot selections.

And techniques.

This is abysmal.