Cricket Part II

Take the newy now. Get 2 cracks at it. Tonight and in the morning.

Yep. Get Cummins in and grab a couple of quick ones.

and dropped.

Fark no. That was a pretty easy one.

That ■■■■■■■ hurts

“you just dropped the border-gavaskar trophy”

Renshaw misses the dolly. Just one more guys.

I think we’ve dropped enough.

End joke here.

That’s stumps. Should have had 7. Quicks need quick wickets tomorrow so we don’t give up a lead. If we can come out with any kind of lead that will be very well done by the attack after what looked like a shaky first innings total. If we can finish them off in the first session we need to bat long. 4 sessions at least.

Dropped catches at the start of the day and at the end of the day. Same bowler same fielder.
Costly!

The adage “Catches win Matches” could wind up proving itself eternally true once more here.

1 Like

Smith is already on 564 runs for the calendar year with another innings to go here and a further 6 tests in 2017 against Bangers and the Poms.

Debate about the use of the word “chinaman” in cricket. Also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Left arm wrist spinner, please.

Is this political correctness or something else?

Some guy back in the way back when (so long ago that even I wasn’t there to see it) went out to a Chinese bowler who bowled this stuff and came back and said “dismissed by a ■■■■■■ Chinaman”.

I was forbidden under pain of omission from bowling over the wrist, until I became captain. We used to have to play out the day’s play for batting and bowling bonus points. We had 18 overs to bowl against Ormond, and being one short (bowler dropped a c & b off ex-Hawk Michael McCarthy which broke his nose), I gave everyone 2 overs. They’re about 0-60 after 4 overs and one guy was on line to make a very cheap ton. I’d bowled about 20 overs of left-arm orthodox in the first innings and bowled him with a beautifully pitched chinaman. Boner-inducing. Didn’t get too many wickets with that on turf…quite a few on malthoid and mats though.

1 Like

Are the Chinese upset about this?
As much as Yorkshiremen are?

Cricket journo with Chinese heritage doesn’t like it and reckons it’s a racist term we should chase out of the game, apparently. Should we consult a French person about the ‘French cut’ as well?

Irish swing too.

At the end of the day if Chinese people don’t like this then it’s probably a no go. This is the first case I’ve heard of though.

One Chinese person has complained. The other 1.2 billion probably couldn’t give a stuff and I don’t really give a flying ■■■■ what one person says. Chinese cut might be racist, denoting flukiness, but Chinaman has no racist connotations.

What do the one billion Indians think about our Indian summer?

It’ll be a black, sorry African-American, day when we change the language so much. ■■■■■■■ flogs worry about it!

There are times when you disparage a race, times when you don’t.

2 Likes

Can’t say I disagree.