Cricket Part III

Prefer to see him beaned and fall on his stumps, … but your way is ok too, … :smirk:

I’m worried you can’t tell that different between “anything amazing in terms of acting crazy” and “it’s playing well”.

Like I said, some overseas pitches are horrid, especially in India. This one is difficult, but nothing extraordinarily bad. That Pune pitch last year was a disaster.

Let me know when I say that this pitch is a good one to bat on.

Well that’s your interpretation. However you said it’s not doing anything crazy - when anyone who has watched more than a few overs will tell you it’s got variable bounce which means it is misbehaving and doing crazy things.

As for your Indian wicket comparison, almost any batsmen in the world would rather play on a slow, low Bunsen burner in India than bat on a fast quick wicket with up and down variable bounce. This includes the Aussies. Batsmen generally are far more concerned when their personal safety is at risk. That worries them more than losing their wicket.

2 Likes

Michael Vaughn was actually asked that question and he stated he was never fearful of being hurt, however he was always worried and fearful of getting out. I thought at the time he himself felt that way but there have plenty of batsmen who feared getting hurt by Johnson. And a few of the older ones feared Thommo.

1 Like

Test Cricket has been crying out for this. This is REAL cricket. A test of everything. Skill, courage, intelligence, temperament. The last 5 years the pitches here have been boring, flat and put the game too much in the batsman’s favour. It’s so much a better spectacle when runs are hard to come by. Quality players can still make runs, but it’s no walk in the park. The game is on the line now. We get Kohli cheaply then its nearly all over bar the shouting.

7 Likes

Pujara our is huge. Not having him bat for 200 balls is a big boost to bowling them out, especially with their tail.

My interpretation of what I said? I’m telling you what I said. You feel free to interpret how you like. If I think it’s playing well I’ll say it, but until then…

You’ve gone and told me that I said this pitch is playing well. That’s madness. I said this pitch is not anything amazing in terms of acting crazy. Difficult, yes. That does not mean the pitch is playing well. I’m baffled you came to that conclusion from what I said.

TBF to redbull, I read what you said the same way as him. That’s not me having a go at you Crazy, just saying it sort of read that way, even if you didn’t mean it to.

1 Like

I think because people jump to conclusions without actually reading properly. Saying something isn’t a disaster doesn’t mean it’s a peachy wicket. Anyway, moving on…

1 Like

It’s the double negative! Anyway my initial response was clearly in jest given I threw out a wink.

My last point on this - you have now added that the pitch is difficult. Your initial comment didn’t include this, so this changes what you are saying in a big way.

I’ll turn this car around, I swear!!

4 Likes

Man that sounded like it smashed his stumps.
I let out a premature yell.

Redbull, PLEASE. I’m telling you this: “This pitch isn’t anything amazing in terms of acting crazy”.

This does not equal: “This is a great pitch to bat on”.

This suggest that the odd ball will do something crazy, but it’s not insane in terms of acting crazy every ball. From what I’ve seen so far this seems accurate. Feel free to disagree. Some balls have had variable bounce, some have had not. A difficult pitch but not in the top few for impossibility to bat on. I think this is a very entertaining pitch to play on.

Now PLEASE take my word for it and move on.

Got home and skimmed through all the balls from 6 wickets down. If India lose this by a modest margin their bowlers are gonna be very embarrassed. Bowl to hit the stumps and that would have been a brutal collapse by us. Probably a literal majority of those balls saw us swinging wildly and missing (we found a bit of sanity/technique for that last partnership)

A full on cynic might suggest they even assisted us to a better score in order to ensure a 1 all scoreline heading into the Boxing Day (biggest) Test match, … rather than risk being 2 zip down, and dampening enthusiasm and Ticket sales.

Have to be a really full on cynic though, … :smirk:

GOAT!

GOAT gets the King!

That’s farked them

Yes, got him, that’s ■■■■■■ his average.