Cricket Part III

Time for a new thread. Fingers crossed the form of the Aussie team improves now we have moved on!

3 Likes

Two more rounds of the Shield before the First Test. Will be interested to see who puts their hand up for selection…

who would you say is your preferred top 6

Likely ins for today’s one dayer shaun marsh and zampa. Forgive me for not being excited

2 Likes

I had:

Renshaw
Finch
Khawaja (if fit)
Handscomb
Wade
Labuschagne

If Pete and Wade can get another couple of scores before the First Test then their form should warrant recalls to the team. I picked Marnus because I think he showed something, plus he is a more than handy spin bowling option as well. If Uzzy is fit I’d prefer to put him back to 3 and play an actual opener to partner with Finch. But they could put Finch into the middle order, where he normally bats for Victoria in Shield games, and then you’d have a completely new opening combo. Either way, we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel at the minute. That’s my team, but we all know the Marsh boys will be in so…

Fair call by the umpire under the rules, but I’d find Paul Adams’ action more distracting than that. Also, not really a stunning innovation

1 Like

Cricket is too in favour of the batsmen. They can switch hit, reverse sweep etc, so why can’t a bowler do a spin? The fact he manages to land the ball in a reasonable spot is amazing.

Very cut and dried part of the rules.

Was it Jason Gillespie who got pinged for doing seagull “wings” in his runup once?

Not our batsmen

3 Likes

Cricket is a bowler’s game.

Yeah, but it’s not crickets fault we hire incompetent selectors and have a poor development system

Managed to get through 5 overs only losing one wicket. On track to seeing out the 50 overs at least

Not sure Head should be opening. Sure he can hit the ball however his technique is pretty loose.

He shouldn’t be allowed to review either

1 Like

Finch advised him to.

Mind you, why didn’t Finch say “you’re plumb mate”? Obviously spooked by not reviewing in the first game. DRS is not there for a marginal call. It’s there for the absolute howler, as in you’ve been given out lbw when you’ve got an inside edge on it, or you’ve played and missed and been given out caught behind…

Warne basically said the same thing as me, Head is not an opener and if we are preparing for the WC then he should be playing in the possy that he will hold then, which is 4-5. Warner will be back and so will Smith.

Short or Lynn should be opening with Finch.

2 Likes

CA are not very bright

1 Like

Thanks Shaun, invaluable innings.

Finch chops on for 41, Aus 3/96.