Cricket Part III

Let alone opening

Agreed. At the very least he needs to bat middle order. Very poor technique for an opener

2 Likes

0-10 off ten is what they needed.
ffs.

Gosh, that was gentle.

What worries me about the Indian innings is the fact they all got out to aggressive shots, but we didn’t look like knocking over the stumps at any point. First bloke to bat for Aussies, stumps everywhere.

138kms gentle.

Doesn’t open in Shield, yet our selectors in their infinite wisdom have him opening for the National team - and we have Khawaja at 3.

1 Like

Bring him on both ends.

“The top 3 need to make the majority of the runs”

Third ball stumps go flying. LOL.

2 Likes

Lol.
Just made the keeper.

That ball to Finch was just regulation, nothing special about it

Still managed to knock over two stumps.

When you think about strong batting line ups… this one does not fill me with confidence. Please prove me wrong.

1 Like

swung in, as is Sharma’s MO every ball, slant into the right hander. But it was ■■■■■■■ loose batting, exactly as you’d also expect from Finch.

Seemed to cut in a tad, Finch’s technique has always been vulnerable to anything pitched on the ‘4th’ stump whether it’s moving or not, which is why he shouldn’t be opening at any level if you ask me. The new ball is his biggest weakness.

So, Mitch Marsh to open in the next test?

Not hard when Finch has poor footwork and plays loosely at it. That ball shouldn’t be knocking over tail Enders let alone openers

Harris looks pretty composed.

2 Likes

I’m surprised he wasn’t opening in this one!!

Seriously though, he has the same issue, Watson always had it too, predictable front foot plonkers who will always be susceptible to the ball moving