Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

I think they left him out against Ireland so he is ready for Ashes. But he’s not a dead cert/.

Thank **** we have to play England and not Ireland…

7 Likes

What an amazing session!

England’s shortest ever test innings on home soil, less than 24 overs and demolished by Ireland… that’s some fall from grace

3 Likes

Ireland have avoided the follow on already!

3 Likes

The Ashes is going to be a cripple fight

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the UK has converted to metric, and not in the last 5 years, so why do they persist in bowling speeds in mph.

I know we often talk about people’s height in feet and inches, but official measurements are only in centimetres.

No wonder they’re Brexiting.

That was farking hilarious.

Thought it must have been their B. C, … D Team.

How many of these Irish players are England gonna pick for their Ashes squad?

A cursory glance tells me that Murtagh was born in London and most of the rest were born in either Derry or Belfast. Rankin has already played for England.

Ireland 8/174. A lead of 89. I hope they haven’t stuffed this.

A quick look at our scorecard the intra-club tells me that Patterson and Head made 3 between them for the match. Pattinson should play the first Test and Cummins could do some damage this Ashes series. Siddle should be in the squad also.

Lol England.

Fair to say their minds are elsewhere.

Credit to Ireland, that deck was doing plenty and it is Murtagh’s home ground so he knows it well. Not too many more sides would have done too much better on early on with the way the ball was nipping about

There were some pretty bad shots as well though.

There was but I’d doubt Australia would’ve fared much better in those conditions

1 Like

Might’ve been sober which would’ve been a reasonable start.

I’d go far as saying both Starc and Hazelwood don’t play in the first test

Hazelwood will IMO. I think they will try to manage the workload between Patto and Starc and both will play a couple each.

1 Like

I worry for Hazelwood, he had a poor last summer and has not performed in the Uk in the past. I reckon Richardson is a massive loss, would be very very dangerous in these conditions

1 Like