Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

some terrible bowling, really pedestrian

Really?
Completely different conditions

This has been coming for a while for the Aussies. Starc has been ineffective at the start of the innings for months. Taken out of attack and exposed other bowlers. Combine this with a unbalanced batting order, no spinner as well as 1/2 dozen other cracks and you end up with a team quietly desperate burning reviews.

The excuses you make for shyte batting is astounding. Clearly Finch was batting on a different pitch to warner then, because he didn’t have the same problem.

Out of the top 6 run chases in WC Irelend have actioned 3 of them. Seems sad they are not here now.

1 Like

I’ve said he didn’t bat great and Finch did bat superbly. The pitch was definitely harder to bat on earlier and Finch put on a masterclass. It happens sometimes. I’m sure if Warner got out in the first few overs having a slap everyone including you would have got stuck into him.

nope, it is what I want him to do, go hard, it is when he is at his best.

1 Like

And expose our pathetic middle order early?
It’s all about reading the play, if Finch was struggling I’m sure Warner would have taken the lead aggressor role. Today Warner wasn’t at his best so Finch took control

2 Likes

Starc finally gets one

Nice bowl there by Starc

Hope this gets things rolling for us. Starc such a weapon.

Love the cricket bat guitar!

1 Like

That’s the worst shot played in professional cricket.

And would you believe they missed qualification because a match they were destined to win against the Windies was rained out, with the Windies subsequently qualifying.

2 Likes

Starting to put the clamps on now. That second wicket will help

1 Like

We have pulled them back well here. Need to keep the pressure on and hope to get another wick or two.

Bang

Mathews gone. Rank ball from Cummins did the job.

This is done. Starc on a hat trick.

1 Like

The extra pace of Starc and Cummins is proving too much at the moment.