Cricket thread - India in Australia (Part 1)

Maxwell wasn’t even going to run as he stood there expecting to be given out. Had to be told to run by Short.

Then he should have been taken off and not allowed to keep batting. They are clearly lying. But the rules are so silly that they can.

3 Likes

Do they have a mandatory time off policy. Does he have to miss games or sit out for a time period ?

What a shammozzle of a run chase by the Aussies

Yep especially when we back ourselves and win the toss.

Clever bowling, knew he was going to slog sweep so just threw it up a bit wider. Wade had to go for it though with time running out

Henriques is a big hitter, can still get aus home

Wow, the bowler didn’t even appeal I dont Think, only the keeper and he gave it out

We just can’t chase. Nowadays our tail is a tail and it’s all over if our top order fails.

If I was an Aussie batsman I would have been complaining about the Indians throwing the ball back on the bounce as well. Returning the ball from within the dots there is no excuse for the ball hitting the ground.

No Warner, no Australia it seems.
All jokes aside I couldn’t really care less if we ever win another T20, should only be for our second string players to get experience

2 Likes

Is it just me or is this indigenous(?) inspired national strip make us look and play like new zealand?

1 Like

Surely there has to be an official complaint about this after the game. A ball coming of the top edge and delivering a glancing blow to the helmet is not concussing anyone.

Not great selection. The tail was a long one. Starc continued to bowl the same sort of rubbish that he served up in the ODIs, Short was just nudging the ball around. India set a very good field, and the Aussies kept hitting it straight to them.

1 Like

Surely the concussion rule needs a tweak that restricts substitutions to players that would otherwise be able to continue in the match. So if you have another game ending injury, no substitution.

Subs should be like for like. If a batsman gets subbed out then only a batsman can come in.

1 Like

That video of Langer going after Boonie. Wow. Fair enough too…

That is the rule. Jadeja is an allrounder, so because he is also classified a bowler, a bowler was classified like for like.

Jadeja is ruled out for the rest of the T20’s. They didn’t even send the doc out to look at him and he was complaining of feeling dizzy. Surely that should have at least been looked at when it happened? Poor form by the Indian docs.

And it wasn’t really like for like replacement, but the rules are fairly grey. The Indians didn’t do much wrong, apart from a lack of duty of care in not checking their batsmen who was hit on the head.

Also noted some Indian batsmen (Kohli?) aren’t wearing the extra guards at the back of the helmet designed after the Hughes tragedy. Those should be made mandatory in my opinion. Risk just not worth it…

1 Like

I don’t think so. The helmet I bought came with them free. Tried it on and I couldn’t deal with it, felt like it restricted my movement so I don’t use it. Mind you, I’m not likely to face bowling who can send them down at 140kph+. It’s a personal choice, guys know the risks, however minute it might be. The comp I play in didn’t enforce the directive from CV/CA for helmets to be mandatory for all batsmen, but other comps such as NWMCA did. Guys who never wore a lid in their lives have retired because of it…

2 Likes