Cricket thread - India in Australia (Part 1)

Appreciate the additional context. Helpful.

Yeah. I think there will be a time where helmets are compulsory for all batsmen in all competitions. Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s the case in Premier cricket in Melbourne. Give it 10-15 years when the blokes who have never worn a helmet are out of the game and pretty much everyone left playing will have been brought up with mandatory helmets in juniors.

A bowler isnā€™t an all-rounder. Itā€™s like us subbing out Maxwell and replacing him with Hazelwood when it is out turn to bowl.

Maxwell isnā€™t an allrounder. Heā€™s a batsman who bowls some part time offies. Jadeja has 213 test wickets. He ainā€™t a part time spinner.

4 Likes

NZ a decent shot at winning by an innings and >300 runs at the moment.

WI 4/27, have just lost two in two balls. Both soft dismissals.

Aus A v Ind A on now.

1 Like

Awwwww!
Iā€™ve gotta go out!

Booooooo.

1 Like

Pattinson has 1 - 12 and bowling well.

Why is Tim Paine playing for Australia A?

Itā€™s really just a practice match for guys that havenā€™t played in the ODIā€™s and T20ā€™s.
Itā€™s funny that Trav is the skipper and the actual Australian test skipper is his lieutenant :joy:

2 Likes

Seems bizarre to me.
Has Paine not been playing Shield? Itā€™s not like ODI duties have kept him away.

I understand Burns being thrown into a three man thunderdome, but Head?

Paine and Head last played in early November so going a month without a hit out isnā€™t ideal.
All the net sessions in the world donā€™t equate to time in the middle so itā€™s just some good practice against some quality bowling
Trav is a certainty to play the first test so he isnā€™t playing for a spot

1 Like

Well that just seems like poor scheduling.
Fair enough, then.

Pretty hard to get the scheduling spot on when there are 3 formats. Plus having some plays that play 2 or 3 formats and some that play 1.

Having said that, I shouldnā€™t defend CA, theyā€™re about as useless as the AFL

3 Likes

I think I saw an interview with pujara where he said he hadnā€™t played a test match for like 8 months or something. Could be some pretty low scores in the coming test series for both sides without the proper buildup

Pattinson bowling well in this innings and with Starc withdrawing from the remainder of the T20 series for personal reasons you would wonder if his test spot is up for grabs in Adelaide

The Green Machine is the all rounder weā€™ve been waiting for.

Must be about the 17th WA ā€œall-rounderā€ (Cartwright, Turner, Agar, MMarsh, Stoin) theyā€™ve tried in the last 5-6 years.

Theyā€™re due for one of them to be good, surely.

2 Likes