Cricket thread - India in Australia (Part 1)

Bloke just can’t help himself. Serious case of white line fever.

BBL introducing multiple super overs for the finals in the event of a draw/tie. Is this just another * next to England’s WC “win”?

1 Like

SA 10 / 226 off 49 overs

QLD, WA and VIC all have very strong 50 over lineups. NSW full lineup would also be handy.

SA and Tassie look pretty thin

Bumrah out of Test series in SA with a stress fracture in a spinal vertebra. I wondered how long it would be before he had some issues with that action.

2 Likes

WA 1 / 120 after 20 overs

Short is on 64 (50) but has been dropped twice.
Marsh 37 (48)

Marsh just out caught on 42.

Standard SMarsh: never looked like getting out until suddenly getting out with an innocuous looking ball.

Baton handover, from one to the other. MMM is on: Much Maligned Mitch

Hoggy making sense in commentary talking about selections. Talking about Mitch, he said that the selectors are not clear why they pick people at different times, they don’t tell people the right info and it then makes people confused about selection policy and leads to the frustrations that are shown towards certain players.

Short gets his 100 (dropped twice on 1 and 44)

3 / 187 31.5 overs

1 Like

Hoggy sounding like Hodgey?

Not at all surprised. Actually more surprised he hasn’t broken down previously from a fractured elbow. From the youtube analysis footage I’ve seen his elbow is either double jointed or he has an, um, “interesting” action. In much the same way Murali did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLTBH0RSTzQ

That pic’s Ashwin not Bumrah

2 Likes

Yeah, you’r right. Sorry about that. I guess if I said they all look the same to me it would just compound the error?!

The still from the video till shows his arm hyper-extended, though.

Murali’s bend was miles worse than this. As I’ve said before, I have no issues with Bumrah’s action.

Harbhajan, Murali, sundry other sub-continental bowlers and Brett Lee’s bouncer were much worse.

My issue is when your arm is “cocked” mid-action, and then straightened.

2 Likes

Yeah, Murali was full-on baseball pitcher stuff. Unbelievable he got away with it for so long.

Lee’s bouncer could be pretty bad at times, but not as bad as Bumrah and certainly not in the same hemisphere as Murali.

Queensland off to a fast start in the Marsh Cup v Victoria at the Junction Oval on a pretty slow, docile wicket. 0/56 in the 10th over, Sam Heazlett continuing his strong form. He looks the goods and I can see him getting a chance in the ODI team in the not too distant future.

0/105 off about 15 now. Vics been very ordinary this series so far.
SA 3/30 odd against Tassie (were 3/8). Ferguson, Carey and Head all bowled. Although Heads was a chop on from a wild shot.

SA 3/8
Ferguson, Carey and Head all bowled inside 2 overs

0/149 in the 22nd. Vics will be chasing close to 400 if Qld can launch from here. Bulls look the best side in the Marsh Cup by some distance. Uzzie finding some touch, 76* at better than a run a ball.

Going to be messy for the Vics, Khawaja and Heazlett dominating.

Heazlett 81 (78)
Ussy 85 (76)

0/174 25.4 overs
RR 6.78

2 Likes

Is it really called the Marsh cup now? If so, why?

1 Like