Cricket thread - India in Australia (Part 1)

google tells us:

The JLT One-Day Cup and JLT Sheffield Shield will now be known as the Marsh One-Day Cup and Marsh Sheffield Shield. Marsh’s parent company, Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC), acquired JLT in April 2019. As a result, the Marsh brand replaces JLT as the Official Risk Partner of Cricket Australia and the naming rights sponsor of the One-Day Cup and Sheffield Shield.

It’s in honour of the great and mighty Shaun and Mitch!

Just jokes, JLT insurance was purchased by Marsh Insurance

1 Like

Some pretty decent line ups, very tough tournament, makes you wonder how we didn’t end up winning the World Cup

Thanks Aceman, I never even knew what a JLT was until now.

Ussy gets his 100

I tell you what Labuschagne is such an uncomplicated batsman.

WA would beg to differ. They have been every bit as good as the Bullls so far.

Umpire just gave Labuschagne out caught behind when he was no where near it with his glove or bat and it clearly came off his bicep. Poor umpiring really.

Still vital wicket for the Vics

2/244 36 overs RR 6.78

Quiney has just spent a little bit talking about Renshaw needing to focus over the summer and spend time at the crease. So what does Renshaw do? Go out trying to hit a six off the first ball.

Marsh McLennan was one of the companies devastated by 9/11. They took up a few high floors in the Twin Towers.

138 (126) Khawaja out

Khawaja holes out to Maxwell in the deep off Holland.

Qld 4/284 in the 43rd.

Burns looks in superb form.

Vics pulled it back quite a bit

QLD 9/322

Not a fan of Carey batting in the top-order, I’d prefer him batting in his Australian position. SA has a weak lineup though which is unfortunate.

I think Bryant was unlucky to lose his spot in QLDs team, Khawaja at 3 gives them an experienced and imposing middle-order and he’d be a better option down the order than Cutting if they wanted a slasher.

It says a bit about how many strange twists there are in our (Australian cricket) thinking when Renshaw is batting at #4 in a one-day State side.

2 Likes

Vics 2 down early. Harris and Pucovski both nicking behind.

Women’s T20 starting soon against SL

1 Like

Nth Sydney Oval is a great cricketing venue. I’d love to go watch a game there, no matter the format.

4/23 now. What is going on with this Vic batting line up.