Crows land Pyke as coach

West Coast premiership midfielder Don Pyke has been named by Adelaide to be it’s new coach as of today.

According to the media they completed an “exhaustive” search. Telling porky pies, the guy has had the job since Campo & Woosha said no.

He played rugby for Canada don’t you know

According to the media they completed an "exhaustive" search. Telling porky pies, the guy has had the job since Campo & Woosha said no.
They exhaustively interviewed all the candidates named Don Pyke.

They interviewed Josh Pyke, Mike Pyke, a northern Pike fish and a turnpike and he came out clearly on top.

They interviewed Josh Pyke, Mike Pyke, a northern Pike fish and a turnpike and he came out clearly on top.

To be fair, they tried very hard to turn that pike, but he road off while they weren’t looking.

To be fair, they tried very hard to turn that pike, but he road off while they weren’t looking.

Bit of a piker, eh?

Can I be the first to say who? Not the most memorable premiership player.

■■■■■■ good player

Say that again?

And the pikelet?

If he fails will his head be stuck on a pike? Oops, already is.

Don Pyke was an integral part of the Eagles '92 and '94 flag sides.

Wasn’t as flashy as Peter Matera, silky skilled as Dean Kemp or prolific like Chris Mainwaring was but was one of those tough, honest run with players that was a vital component in those great Eagles teams throughout the 90’s.

I do remember though that there was talk of him considering a move to Essendon midway through his career that unfortunately, for us, never eventuated.

I was also at a WAFL Grand Final back in 1996 where both he and his former Eagles team mate, Chris Lewis, dragged their Claremont side to a flag in a narrow win over sentimental favorites, East Perth. Their individual performances that day were simply outstanding. The gap between AFL skilled stars and players in the tier below that level stood out immensely that day.

Don Pyke has been an assistant at various clubs for quite a long time now, much in the same mould as Ken Hinkley was. I believe that Adelaide have made an astute appointment and will have some decent success with him as their head coach.

Whilst we got the coach they wanted they beat us at the process.

Ask not for whom the road tolls…it tolls for thee.

??

Got squashed by God in 92 granny. Or was that kemp? Who cares.

Got squashed by God in 92 granny. Or was that kemp? Who cares.

The only thing I remember about Dean Kemp is Mark Ricciuto ending his career (and almost his life) with a flush hit to Kemp’s head with his substantial shoulder

Spun him like a top

??

I read it in the paper, we got the process wrong. Even KB knows it. We also know Riccuito wanted woosha and he put the perfect process in place to (not) get him. One day they’ll understand that the result is what matters.