Dan Richardson - joining the mass exodus

Your transition from full lid off, to full lid on has been quite remarkable I must say

1 Like

So Melbourne now get Mark Williams.

lot of happy Melbourne supporters with this “poaching”, was Ned Guy outside our price range

Just putting aside the lid on/off junk for a moment, there are two alarming issues here.
Firstly, the Brasher review identified that Dan needed to be cut because of ongoing discussions about football performance. That suggests the new bloke would need to at a minimum demonstrate a connection with some level of success at GM Footy Level or a high level of performance in a similar industry. One would also hope Old Brasher, when he signed off on Dan’s termination had a handle on who was out there or did he expect suitable candidates to come knocking. After, all good clubs have dynamic succession plans. There were rumours of, Auld, Scott and not much more. Whether Brasher and X were diligent enough to scope the market who knows but X has a poor record here.
Secondly, we have actually appointed someone who does not have a CV of footy success and the alarm bell goes right off.
Surely there were competitive candidates out there in the industry or similar, but all we got was a Melbourne Football Club cast off who’s track record leaves most unsure of his capability to improve football performance which was the alleged failing of Dan.

It seems to X so long as you have an MBA, just like the one he picked up in Singapore on company time, you’ve got the job.
All this is a lot more remarkable than me going in to bat for the players with blinkers on, which I’ve done since the early seventies.

I got a text from a Melbourne supporting friend laughing his ■■■ off about it. Said that Melbourne should be paying us to take him.

sigh

Well that settles it then.

2 Likes

Pretty definitive :joy:

Maybe he’ll be a good fit for us! We’ll have to wait and see :blush:

1 Like

I basically don’t trust anyone Campbell would hire. he’s fkd up that many decisions, why would anyone be confident that mahoney is right, and he clearly wasn’t our first option

5 Likes

Pretty sure I said that to my Melbourne mates when they took Melksham off us and he turned out ok.

3 Likes

I remember one Melbourne fan talking up getting Mark Neeld as coach instead of Brad (?) Scott.

Well, Mahoney’s worked under Peter “turn the tap off” Jackson for a few years now. He should be well used to working under people who meddle and stray well out of their lane…

2 Likes

Yep.

He should have a fair idea of what not to do.

Do we have a serious problem that nobody want to work for X and thus we are unable to attract any decent managerial talent? Or X only wants to hire subservient puppies he can manipulate and make scape goats?

1 Like

Those not working inside the club would have NFI. And, as to those with contacts inside the club , they may be relaying views that are not be a true reflection . There are always people with a personal axe to grind or who want to white ant others for their own advancement - or who just want to big note themselves

1 Like

I can’t find the Xavier thread but it’s his birthday today.

I can’t believe blitz isn’t queueing up to wish him happy birthday

Happy birthday, X.