Dan Richardson - joining the mass exodus

he does bring a better hairline than richardson.

If he introduces himself to the players within the first 18 months he will have Richardson covered.

1 Like

Matthew Kinights and David Moyes are examples of men who can do a very good interview. But are no good at their jobs…be it not GM role.

Now looking at this guy’s record, disaster written all over it.

I guess X just wanted someone who is experienced, and he didn’t say anything about wanting someone who is successful and good at his job.

The appointment now makes sense.

“Having lived in Essendon and being a Bombers supporter growing up, to captaining the VFL side and now returning to the club, there’s also a nice romance and I’m thrilled to now be heading up the football program.

2 Likes

They said when they sacked richardson they need to take the footy program to the next level. How is this guy going to do that? Genuine question.

1 Like

Maybe they wanted a puppet and Sheedy and Wellman are going to do the job instead.

1 Like

Great, can’t wait to be CEO then.

Xavier: Hi Neil, Do you want to become our General Manager of football?
Neil: No

Xavier: Hi Ross, Do you want to become our General Manager of football?
Ross: No

Xavier: Hi Brad, Do you want to become our General Manager of football?
Brad: No

Xavier: Hi Rob, Do you want to become our General Manager of football?
Rob: No

Xavier: Hi Josh, Do you want to become our General Manager of football?
Neil: Sure

Essendon excited to announce new General Manager of football

10 Likes

If Neil Craig (Ex MFC) was appointed to Head of Coaching Development and Strategy in 2013, and Mark Neeld (ex MFC) was appointed as Head of Player Development in 2014 (before being sacked as Game Performance Coach in 2018), prior to X taking over as CEO in 2015, then X as the current CEO is fully entitled to appoint Josh Mahoney (ex MFC) to General Manager of Footy.
There is an inglorious consistency of failure about it.

1 Like

Time to change the thread title to:

JOSH MAHONEY — WELCOME (BACK) TO ESSENDON

@theDJR

1 Like

Rules us out

1 Like

Better to be so than not, regardless.

It looks like there’s a number of specific roles for Mahoney to focus on, so good luck to him.

‘Shoulda been Ross Lyon’
‘Shoulda been Scott’

You guys just want someone name brand.

It’s an uninspiring hire, but maybe let’s pump the brakes on whether this is a good hire until he actually contributes to the club.

Welcome Josh.

2 Likes

Even the people defending the appointment, are not sounding very positive.

For all things Josh

Did you invoke me so I could point at you and laugh at the person who posted in the wrong thread?

(I did have the same idea for the thread title.)

Clearly a targeted acquisition that we planned carefully over a long period

One of the most sought after football managers in the business, Mahoney is the perfect man to fix a broken football program

1 Like

As we always, always, ALWAYS do…
Right?
Right??

Welcome aboard the future AFL Head of Umpiring.

2 Likes