Darcy D’s little brother

Forget out him,think of what we got for a bloke that’s really only had 1x good year ,with the rest being flashes or injured.

It’s a win already

I opened my eyes, Joe The night had been a giant, dribbling and pacing on the board
I opened my eyes, Joe All our banners and cards stacked up against the door
I opened my eyes, Joe The mourning light came slowly tumbling through the crack In the window, Joe
And I thought of you and I felt like I was lugging A body on my back

I had a dream I had a dream I had a dream, Joe

Where did you go, Joe?
On that endless, senseless, demented drift
Where did you go, Joe?
Into the woods, over the Tweed, where did you move and shift
Where did you go, Joe?
All dressed up in your ridiculous paddlepoppin’ suit
Where did you go, Joe?
With that strew of wreckage
Forever at the heel of your wayward boot

(-Nik Cox and the Green Shoots)

One of the flakiest snowflakes that ever flaked.

2 Likes

Why do we lock threads on players who leave? Daniher going is such a huge part of our story. I liked that he was easygoing on the field, but I hate the idea that he doesn’t really seem to care for the club. Lady Up was trying to get me to watch Brisbane coming back against the Pies, which I would normally love, but I don’t enjoy watching the Lions now. Plenty will say get over it, but if it were that easy I would not be as passionate about EFC. I don’t know how I’m going to feel watching on Saturday night.

The exodus of last year may be when we turned a massive corner, by mistake. Losing the warm blanket of past glories might wake up our team. So yes Joe going could be fantastic in terms of improved attitude (see Dyson’s post-Swans speecch) and better drafting. But if that’s right, isn’t that enough of a reason for this thread?

2 Likes

Remember when Brissie had a mass exodus? Turned out to be the turning point that created a top finals side. I hope that’s the case for us as well.

1 Like

The last Brisbane mass exodus was only in January- fleeing lockdown.
Might be a bit too soon to call that Premiership defining.

Talking about what happened about 3-4 years ago.

fark him

2 Likes

I feel similar. I find it distressing that guys like Joe/Raz feel compelled to grab their new guernseys like wankers when they kick heir first snag for their new club. Did we mean that little to them? Does it say more about them or us?

It’s hard to watch but I’m glad the whole media circus is over. If we beat the lions tomorrow the toilet paper and tissue aisles in Eastern Melbourne will be empty once again.

3 Likes

OPEN MY EYES AND RISE LIKE YEAST

Caps lock man!

Its @Stallion. ALL CAPS is his trade mark

Flog

16 Likes

That’s up there as one of the worst dives I have ever seen. Such a flog

3 Likes

Kohli leaving is still my favourite

Imagine celebrating a key forward with a reputation for diving!

1 Like

Joe did well getting 3 goals + a freebie, but he doesn’t look cut does he? I guess missing so much footy has left him a bit soft around the edges, and he’s getting by on talent. He’s still very agile for a big forward.
That’s possibly the worst dive ever by someone his size.

He played a very good game last night and kicked beautifully for goal. It’s the best he’s played all year.

It remains to be seen whether he’ll continue to produce games like that, or will revert to the patchy performances and poor goal kicking that have been his standard for most of his career.

He has always just got by on talent, that’s how talented he is. His issue was always not taking the next step to better himself.

He still hasn’t worked on his set shot routine after 7 years and clearly doesn’t intend to

1 Like