DARWIN AWARDS - name your candidate

They were saying that geckoes are covered in dangerous bacteria, and you might be lucky…they mightn’t be bacteria that’ll do you much damage, but then again, they might.

2 Likes

“Greed … is good” says Gordon Gecko,

1 Like

this went well

5 Likes
5 Likes

Me - just got back from a run and went down to fancy grocers to get a drink. Found a cold bottle of elderflower sparkling and slammed it down like solo man.

Fortified wine, 15 alc/vol.

Pis$ed as a newt now.

Expect the ridiculous afoot.

7 Likes

The entire 750mLs?

This is the thing, it wasn’t 750. It’s 500 and it looks exactly like a larger Hartz mineral type bottle.

It’s from some place I’ve never even heard of, although that might be because I can’t focus at present.

Damn you irises, dam you to hell!!!

2 Likes

This was a near miss.

"An Azman Air flight this morning from Lagos to Port Harcourt was delayed after the plane gained an extra passenger shortly before takeoff at Murtala Muhammed Airport.

A video shows a man who illegally gained access to the airside jumping on the wing of a Boeing 737 with hand luggage. Allegedly he put his bag into one of the engines, thinking that’s a good place to store it during the flight.

The aircraft was holding short of the runway at the time the incident occurred. As you’d expect, there was commotion in the cabin, and the pilots ended up shutting down the engines, to avoid the man being sucked into one of them.

The man has been arrested following the incident. Allegedly he claimed that he wanted to travel to Ghana."

6 Likes

:astonished: That’s got to be a stitch up??

No one is that stupid, … surely?

Apparently not.

1 Like

That’s a roundabout way of committing suicide.
I am sure his bosses are of a forgiving nature.

It’s a damn impressive list of candidates this year. Personally I’d give it to the crocodile walker.

1 Like

That footage is much older than 3 weeks. Reckon that was done about 5 years ago

I reckon the guy driving the van, had tested the merchandise. He came around the corner on the wrong side of the road and you could see he was going to crash into the parked cars on the right hand side of the road. He should have been on the left hand side of the road. (What side of the road do they drive on in China?) The van crashes into a Police car which then hits other cars and he simply drives off. Caught on camera, the Police catch him within minutes.

I would not want to be in his shoes when whoever owns the gear finds out the Police have it and him in custody. That is a very sobering thought.

Right.

1 Like

He’s my favourite. Closely followed by the dork that was impaled then had his carcass disposed of in a hole on the beach whilst trespassing on that Island off the coast of India.

What an absolute wanker.

2 Likes

Boo… Snopes reckons it’s bullshit.

A revision may be required here.

It was mostly bull$hit.

I just want the award.

2 Likes

Australian voters collectively deserve an honourable nomination

8 Likes

If you want the award, you are going to have to try MUCH harder than you have so far.