DARWIN AWARDS - name your candidate

He’s now as flat as he believed the world to be

2 Likes

Well, that is just unfortunate. She didn’t really bring it on herself, and we would have to admire her stoicism.

That deserves a place in “famous last words” rather than Darwin awards.

THIS deserves a Darwin award:

A man who reportedly said the coronavirus lockdown is “bull***” has reportedly died from the virus.

• John W. McDaniel, 60, died on Wednesday at a hospital in Columbus, Ohio
  • On Facebook, McDaniel called the virus a ‘political ploy’ and told followers: 'Prove me wrong’
  • He tested positive for the virus weeks later and died on April 15

He questioned Ohio governor Mike DeWine’s stay-at-home order. “If what I’m hearing is true, that DeWine has ordered all bars and restaurants to be closed, I say bulls***” he wrote.

In a separate post, he reportedly questioned whether coronavirus was a “political ploy” and asked if “anybody had the guts” to suggest it.

Source: many including
https://au.yahoo.com/topics/coronavirus/

“ A woman was dragged under water and drowned by an alligator after she waded into a pond to touch it.”

Thanks. I usually don’t click on links, just read the post. Still, she was, reportedly at least, very stoic. Epictetus would approve of her.

1 Like

No worries. There are a few other gems in there.

“ “This was not a random act by an alligator to aggressively attack a person in an unprovoked situation."

A police report said Ms Covert had arrived at her friend’s home near the pond to have her nails done.

The friend said Ms Covert had become fascinated by the alligator after spotting it from her porch, and began to take photos of it.

A few moments later, as the friend was tidying up, she noticed the woman had gone down to the water and started to wade out.

The friend screamed out, telling Ms Covert that she had seen the alligator eat a deer in recent days.

But the Ms Covert seemed unconcerned adding: "I don’t look like a deer.”

It was then she was grabbed by the animal”

4 Likes

H’m I bet she doesn’t do that again!

Bozos who get eaten whilst supposedly under the care of Jehovah amuse me the most. That and the guy who got speared and then disposed of in a shallow grave whilst visiting a notoriously aggressive and private community off the coast of India a couple of years ago in order to bring them into his God’s divine light.

4 Likes

Yeah, I remember that one. Andaman Islands, I think, a tribe that have been given autonomous rule for a long long time. For a reason.

1 Like

Yep. That guy. What a wanker.

This guy:

1 Like

And yet some will see events like this as evidence against the existence of ‘God’ but I feel it’s evidence to the contrary.

Look at him. Blissfully unaware.

Multiple nomination:

Train kills 14 labourers laid off in coronavirus lockdown in India

Driver tried to stop freight train when he saw workers on tracks, railway ministry says

Police officers examine the railway track Friday after a train ran over migrant workers sleeping on the track in Aurangabad district in the western state of Maharashtra, India. (Reuters)

A train killed 14 migrant workers who had fallen asleep on the track in India on Friday while they were heading back to their home village after losing their jobs amid the coronavirus lockdown, police said.

Tens of thousands of people have been walking home from India’s big cities after being laid off because of the lockdown to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus since late March.

Look, I’ve never had circumstance to sleep on a railway track and I’m sure there would be at least one good reason to do so but I’m having trouble thinking what that good reason could be.

If you have your ear to the tracks you can hear the train coming earlier?

Or you could sleep just off the tracks and not have to worry about trains at all?

1 Like

Well, there is that.

But clearly they had some compelling need!

1 Like

If you look at any train line anywhere in the world, you’re going to find sleepers.

24 Likes

So railway lines do have something in common with Parliaments.

1 Like