David Barham - Our new Board Overlord

To be fair we went for years of treating people in the best possible way, and it didn’t work out well for us.

So maybe we are going the George Constanza way of doing the opposite

I dont think it would have been that simple with Sheedy cheerleading for Hird in the background.

I don’t even think we will have success in the next 3-5 years. I don’t think Barham and most of the board will be there, when we do have success.

However, I think this is a start in the right direction for the club. We need to get away from all the mess. That includes Hird & Sheedy unfortunately.

4 Likes

Good to see some posters on topic.
After all this is the Barham thread where it should be capable of having a discourse and disagreement, as compared to deflection to others ( ‘nothing to see here look over there’)

this

It’s likely both Barham and Sheedy wanted Hird in, and tried to manufacture that outcome. Barham would have later realised he didn’t have board support, and flipped to Scott to shore up his own position. The makeup of the coaching selection committee ensured Hird was no chance.

Personally I don’t think Hird had enough recent coaching experience to be a real contender. Scott may well prove to be a good selection. It was a definitely a safe choice, which is what Essendon has done the last decade.

1 Like

Would like to hear from Craig Vozzo a video message saying how he’s proud to be ceo of Essendon and the things he’ll bring to improve us etc havent heard nothing not even a letter on the clubs website

1 Like

Jesus Christ Nino.

he needs to be holding a footy, otherwise it’s meaningless

2 Likes

Whats wrong with what i said? I think fans/members are entiled to hear from the new ceo and what he will bring

1 Like

Is Dave Barham the CEO?

1 Like

Lol, we just got 16 mins of uninterrupted BDB, so Nino has found something else to complain about.

1 Like

Thats what you getting at well fck didnt know where else to post dont think there is a Vozzo thread

Why don’t you try emailing Craig. Hell give more of a ■■■■ than blitz will

Ignore him Nino

1 Like

And that was great

closest we have is this thread

Who Wants To Be A CEO?

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Hird was asked how he went in his interview for the EFC coach role and said it was a challenge, didn’t sound confident.
Doesn’t tie in with the Robbo disclosures.

3 Likes

And wasn’t it reported that whilst he was disapointed in not getting the job he was happy to move on