David Myers

I'm not expecting Myers to be at Essendon next year.

Do you think it is a case of Myers wants out, or are we getting good offers for him and thus might trade him if the price is right?
No inside info, just a hunch.

I really hope you're wrong on this one, mate. He's always worn the jumper with pride and has finally established himself as a regular in our best 22, plus he's contracted for another year. But you already know all of this, so I'm guessing there's a valid reason for why you have a hunch that he'll be leaving... which is disappointing.

I would be very disappointed if Myers were to go. Starting to come good and filling a role in the side.

Let’s play Devil’s Advocate here for a moment. Say Myers was up for trade and we did glean a pick in the top 10-15 for him, or a talented youngster in exchange, if given the same opportunity as Myers has had in 2013, would Alex Browne be able to match, or better, Myers’ production? Average 18 touches, 1 goal every 2 games, win contested ball, etc, etc? I don’t know the inner workings of the club or how they might be thinking, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the see him as the player that might fetch us a decent pick (whether we bank it and take it to the draft or package up with whatever we get for Crameri, Pick 22 at this stage for a Taylor Adams or other such player), after a reasonably good season and a seemingly upward trend, is contracted (can’t lose him in the PSD), has multiple clubs enquiring in his services, and is in some form replaceable? I rate Browne and think he can have an impact in 2014 if injury-free and given good midfield time, certainly some of his games in 2012, the Adelaide match where we only just got beaten over there, showed he might be a nice inside midfielder.

Again, I might be wrong, taking Dodoro’s word on face value in that he won’t be traded, but he did give himself an out saying that it would have to be a very good deal for us to consider parting with him. Happy if he stays in red and black as long as he remains happy to remain at Essendon, but last thing we’d want is to keep a disgruntled player who ends up walking out the door for nothing when out of contract in 12 months time…

I'm not expecting Myers to be at Essendon next year.

tumblr_mh5l0vxW9p1qd6sgco5_r2_250.gif

Let's play Devil's Advocate here for a moment. Say Myers was up for trade and we did glean a pick in the top 10-15 for him, or a talented youngster in exchange, if given the same opportunity as Myers has had in 2013, would Alex Browne be able to match, or better, Myers' production? Average 18 touches, 1 goal every 2 games, win contested ball, etc, etc? I don't know the inner workings of the club or how they might be thinking, but it wouldn't surprise me if the see him as the player that might fetch us a decent pick (whether we bank it and take it to the draft or package up with whatever we get for Crameri, Pick 22 at this stage for a Taylor Adams or other such player), after a reasonably good season and a seemingly upward trend, is contracted (can't lose him in the PSD), has multiple clubs enquiring in his services, and is in some form replaceable? I rate Browne and think he can have an impact in 2014 if injury-free and given good midfield time, certainly some of his games in 2012, the Adelaide match where we only just got beaten over there, showed he might be a nice inside midfielder.
Again, I might be wrong, taking Dodoro's word on face value in that he won't be traded, but he did give himself an out saying that it would have to be a very good deal for us to consider parting with him. Happy if he stays in red and black as long as he remains happy to remain at Essendon, but last thing we'd want is to keep a disgruntled player who ends up walking out the door for nothing when out of contract in 12 months time...

Myers absolutely adores the club and plays FOR the club. 

unless its a straight swap for cyril then F*** off. 

Why the hell would we trade him now? Obviously something we dont know but....

WHY?

Anyone is available if the price is right…

Let's play Devil's Advocate here for a moment. Say Myers was up for trade and we did glean a pick in the top 10-15 for him, or a talented youngster in exchange, if given the same opportunity as Myers has had in 2013, would Alex Browne be able to match, or better, Myers' production? Average 18 touches, 1 goal every 2 games, win contested ball, etc, etc? I don't know the inner workings of the club or how they might be thinking, but it wouldn't surprise me if the see him as the player that might fetch us a decent pick (whether we bank it and take it to the draft or package up with whatever we get for Crameri, Pick 22 at this stage for a Taylor Adams or other such player), after a reasonably good season and a seemingly upward trend, is contracted (can't lose him in the PSD), has multiple clubs enquiring in his services, and is in some form replaceable? I rate Browne and think he can have an impact in 2014 if injury-free and given good midfield time, certainly some of his games in 2012, the Adelaide match where we only just got beaten over there, showed he might be a nice inside midfielder.
Again, I might be wrong, taking Dodoro's word on face value in that he won't be traded, but he did give himself an out saying that it would have to be a very good deal for us to consider parting with him. Happy if he stays in red and black as long as he remains happy to remain at Essendon, but last thing we'd want is to keep a disgruntled player who ends up walking out the door for nothing when out of contract in 12 months time...

They seemed to be trying variations of line-ups with Howlett out, towards the 2nd half of the year. I think Colyer played a couple in that spot, or others - trying to give us a bit more outside run. Myers is probably a similar pace to Howlett.

I wouldn't like to lose either, but I'm not sure both (as well as Watson & Goddard & Hocking) fit into a well balanced side.

We need Myers if we are to be a contender in the next 2 years. He’s the right size and age for were we are at as a team. By the time a draft pick comes good, GC and GWS may be dominating.
Have a look at the size and strenth of Freo’s midfield. Mundy, Barlow, Crowley and Mayne. That’s what we need to compete against.

couldn’t stand seeing him hoof it in someone else’s colors

unless its a straight swap for cyril then F*** off. 

Why the hell would we trade him now? Obviously something we dont know but....

WHY?

wouldnt even for cyril.

clubman who kicks it a mile that finally has confidence in his body.

something cyril aint.

Thank goodness he isn't going anywhere.

Dodoro - "Myers wont be traded......... unless its a very good deal"

In other words, offer up more Dee's & Saints if you really want him.

I don’t think he is going anywhere.

People are after him because he is a very very good player. As Dodoro said, if you want him it would have to be an exceptional deal.

Going by what Dodoro said, he is obviously on the table.

Going by what Dodoro said, he is obviously on the table.

...for an exceptional deal only...

....Demons, Saints stop wasting our time....

We need Myers if we are to be a contender in the next 2 years. He's the right size and age for were we are at as a team. By the time a draft pick comes good, GC and GWS may be dominating.
Have a look at the size and strenth of Freo's midfield. Mundy, Barlow, Crowley and Mayne. That's what we need to compete against.

Fyfe might have a girly face but he is a fair size unit and he hit harder than anyone except Mundy in the GF. Don't forget him. I think we keep Myers too unless it was an incredible deal and they have plans for Hibberd or someone else through the midfield as another heavy hitter.

We need Myers if we are to be a contender in the next 2 years. He’s the right size and age for were we are at as a team. By the time a draft pick comes good, GC and GWS may be dominating.
Have a look at the size and strenth of Freo’s midfield. Mundy, Barlow, Crowley and Mayne. That’s what we need to compete against.

Fyfe might have a girly face but he is a fair size unit and he hit harder than anyone except Mundy in the GF. Don’t forget him. I think we keep Myers too unless it was an incredible deal and they have plans for Hibberd or someone else through the midfield as another heavy hitter.
Correct. Fyfe also.

The last thing I want to see is us losing players that can kick well.

Big, Strong players who can kick beautifully are the type of players who will win big games, and big finals.

Myers aint going anywhere.