Did anyone else enjoy this year?

I definitely enjoyed this season
I went to every game in Melbourne, far more than I ever have before
While I the real middle of the year, games against Freo, Hawks etc were really sapping it was still a fun year for me
The Melbourne game was the best win I’ve ever seen, I was close to tears as the players walked round the fence after the win
The last quarter against Carlton I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a game more, season was finally over, we were safe with the win and for once I could just soak up the win without caring if the other team kicked late goals and made it look less impressive. Plus the post game after that win, wow close to tears again I reckon

It was definitely enjoyable for me, but I certainly don’t want to do it again, I didn’t like watching games against saints, richmond etc knowing we would cream em in 2017 but having to cop the honourable loss!

No pressure? So you didn't care that we would get thrashed game after game after game?

i did care, but accepted that it was going to happen and dealt with it

No pressure? So you didn't care that we would get thrashed game after game after game?

It’s not that you didn’t care but you conditioned yourself to expecting it given the situation and you shift your focus more to watching player development and seeing them grow as players and as leaders. Especially the young guys.

When we got a good result on a few occasions it was awesome and felt like a bonus but I really enjoyed seeing guys like Fanta announce himself as a young star, Joe fronting up each week under lots of defensive pressure and really grind out a strong year that improved as the year drew on. Plenty of other stories too; Tippa. Hartley, Parish etc.

Next year, normal transmission resumes for me as a supporter i.e. taking a loss to heart and stressing out during games.

Yep, I enjoyed this year so much more than 2015.

Some of the losses were tough to stomach, but again, not as tough to stomach as last year when we started off thinking we were a chance.

I think we got more out of this year than we would have playing the same old players and finishing 8-12.

I feel we got a level of development into our younger players this year that can’t really be replicated elsewhere.

Time will tell, but I think this year will set us up.

Really glad we beat the Scum in the final game, no question, but I have to admit I felt a but unclean about wanting them to narrow the deficit in the last quarter. I wasn’t exactly cheering their late goals but I did have the calculator out.

Yep, I enjoyed this year so much more than 2015.

Some of the losses were tough to stomach, but again, not as tough to stomach as last year when we started off thinking we were a chance.

I think we got more out of this year than we would have playing the same old players and finishing 8-12.

I feel we got a level of development into our younger players this year that can’t really be replicated elsewhere.

Time will tell, but I think this year will set us up.

Agreed, I was devastated when the result came down but now that I’ve seen how much this season has done for the players that weren’t banned, I really start to think

were we ever going to win a flag with the team we had in 2015 (and expected in 2016)? I genuinely think we probably wouldn’t have got close, maybe worked our way up to 4-6th but not serious challengers. Now? We could be anything

Have you ever thought about trying MDMA Ross?

Stockholm Syndome.

No, I did not enjoy the year we were raped with a barbed wire baseball bat.

Thanks for asking.

Mrs Fox and I did our Bomberly thing, paid up our Memberships early and got all the new kit, but we were determined not to enjoy ourselves and just hate the AFL, ASADA, WADA and Dank more.

But that round two Melbourne game was the best win I have ever experienced. Not by the team, who were great on the day, but by the Supporters, the Club, the ExPlayers and just everyone. It was an amazing experience and let us tolerate the losses.

The comeback vs Kangas was too treasure and again our Supporters were brilliant in their encouragement.

Beating GC was nice, but smashing Fark Carlton just finished up the year as a positive.

Add in watching Walla, the emergence of Parish and Francis, the growth of Raz, Langford and Laverde, the arrival of Leunberger and Ambrose, and of course the rising of Zerrett to Elite.

And 10 out of twelve are back, and in three weeks, we win the appeal in Switzerland.

Stockholm Syndome.

No, I did not enjoy the year we were raped with a barbed wire baseball bat.

Thanks for asking.

Dont go changing Wim.

I think this year was an all time low for minutes of AFL watched for me.
And that’s including years where I have missed half the season due to travel.

I feel like Tippa reminded me how great footy is. My son and i just lost our ■■■■ when he did anything.

i enjoyed seeing some of the young kids step up. As for the rest of the year

NO!

In fact Stockholm Syndrome is way too kind.

I was in Paris recently.
I believe they would have used the term collaborateur.

I fully understand those who hated the year. I remember 10 minutes into round 1 V Gold Coast, I’d kicked over everything that wasn’t bolted to the floor, stormed outside, swore at everything and everyone saga related, and decided I was done with footy.

But I dunno, there was just something about the way the boys competed this year that drew me back in.

Obviously nobody enjoyed the ‘why’ of how 2016 came to be, but overall I enjoyed the year about 1000x more than I thought I would.

I’m sorry, last post on this thread.

Did I farking ENJOY this year!
Are you farking kidding me?
Did Tippa and Hartley and…farking…Dea…somehow make up for what happened to our club?
To Watson?
To Hird?
To Thompson?

Did it make up for where Essendon now exist in public perception?

Did it make up for every condescending laugh when I answered who I support?

Did it make up for Crameri and Ryder and Carlisle?

Did it make up for that bullshit doctor’s lies in I don’t know where…friggin’ The Hague…probably.

Did it make up for Watson’s boos?

Fark no. Never. Not farking ever. I don’t know what will make up for all of that but it sure as hell wasn’t this year.
And Fark you for asking.

If all this does one thing I hope it’s finally kicked the culture of a club mired in glories of seasons past right in it’s self entitled clacker. And it’s supporters.
I’m not sure if it was the weight of the scandal or just turning 40 but I have embraced pessimism and full lid onishness. I am complete.

Surprised it took until page 2 for a Hard mention

Surprised it took until page 2 for a Hard mention

Normally a fair call.
Hird isn’t central to everything.
But he is a part of this disgrace.
As is Thompson.
As is the 34.

At times yes, and definitely agree on the points about a stress free year, lowered expectations, focusing solely on development etc

But there were also times where I wanted the thing to end pretty ****ing quick; times like perth losses, hawthorn loss, umpiring against gws, Brisbane game etc

But yet I still maintain it was hell more enjoyable than 2015. Please don’t ever put me through a year of that sort again.