Did anyone else enjoy this year?

Strange as it may seem I’ve really enjoyed this year which surprises me.

Felt under no pressure to win games.

Relished the uniqueness of the situation - there will never be another year like this one.

Who would be the top ups? How would they perform?

Which new players/ young players would come on?

How many of the 12 would return? The bearded Hurley thread in particular with blitzers going berserk like an ants’ nest being kicked over.

“Pick one, pick one” I kept telling myself.

Now the weight of the saga has been lifted. The tight knit ten returning will play with a mixture of mental freedom and controlled rage.

Perversely we may actually come out ahead on the whole deal.

Anyone else feel the same?

I loved watching Tippa.

It was bad, but last year was worse. Hawthorn loss was the low point, they didn’t deserve to beat us by that much but the umps killed us and we dropped our heads badly. Should have beaten norf, gws and one other game.

But hey, we ended.the season with a lot of positives.

No.

To be honest I much preferred the 2000 season.

I think, being able to go to the VFL games and see wins helped me a lot. You could see the development of players and hear the song.

At some point in the season I had stopped looking at the scoreboard. So I never knew what the actual scores were. During the Gold Coast game, someone had to tell me that we had hit the front. I just celebrated every goal, so I had no idea.

I get what you’re saying but the injustice of it all overshadowed the great football and spirit that appeared every now and then

nope

this year my love of footy was at an all time low.

To make up for that i went overseas with my sister to America for a Holiday which was well earned and really helped us forget the saga for once.

I put aside all the angst and crap, and thoroughly enjoyed the year, watching the new and young players find their feet. Also really enjoyed the VFL.

Then again, I’m a pretty positive kind of person. I don’t waste my time or life being a miserable fark.

At times. But the Brisbane game was incredibly bad.

Maybe looking back it was ok, but at the time, hell no. Maybe it’s because I can’t just lower my expectations, watching this year’s games was just plain hard.

No.

The constant defeats became boring to watch. Probably the least Essendon games I’ve watched in a season.

Stress free year.

I’d talk friends who would be ■■■■■■■■ and moaning about their teams. Shattered week after week.

We would get beaten by 10 gaols and my son would say “We did well didn’t we dad”.

I really enjoyed the year.

Next years comes with expectation. I expect to smash Richmond, the Blues, the Saints and the Roos. If we don’t then I’ll be ■■■■■■■■ and moaning like every other fan.

Admittedly I had an enforced break but the whole “no pressure” thing along with slight over-achievement was on the good side of surreality. Especially the bit where this mad cat lady screaming TIPPA for the last three years was right.

Obviously that wasn’t universally felt and you wouldn’t want to do it again, given how much money was lost by Essendon and the AFL this year.

But for those who stuck fat there was mucho shared love.

THE most fun I’ve had going to the footy this year. Honestly no pressure was a good thing. Watching Tippa Raz and Parish develop was awesome.

The three wins this year were phenomenal.

It was unique and I’m glad I experienced it. Hopefully our boys come back 110% and we smash the league next year.

No

We got smashed week after week early on

And the fact that now cronulla have won a flag and we have had to deal with 4 years of ■■■■ resulting in our boys getting suspended, tarnished for life and us winning the spoon, makes me hate it even more.

Personally the best year since 2000. It probably helps that I have only watched Bomber games in full. I did watch about 10 minutes in total yesterday but found it too boring and went for a bike ride instead.
Having said that, one year is enough and I wouldn’t mind some finals action in the next few years.

First 3 quarters of the year were horrible (except the Melbourne game).

Later in the year, the team started to gel, and were playing with dare and flair. We finished the year in good spirits knowing that this is temporary. But it was hell.

No

We got smashed week after week early on

And the fact that now cronulla have won a flag and we have had to deal with 4 years of ■■■■ resulting in our boys getting suspended, tarnished for life and us winning the spoon, makes me hate it even more.

Oh but the Cronulla players were suspended (backdated) and WADA didn’t appeal the sentence. Perhaps McDevitt knows why.

No pressure? So you didn’t care that we would get thrashed game after game after game?