Did anyone else enjoy this year?

I drank more this season than any other. And i like a drink

I dont remember too much of the losses

There were certainly parts that were enjoyable but really it was just making the best of a truly bad situation.

I was going to write that I did not enjoy this season.

But then I thought about the next 6 months - having to put up with soccer, horse-racing and motor sport and pretend that cricket is as good as it used to be.

As bad as this footy season has been…it’s better than when there is no footy.

No, did not enjoy and found going to games hard work knowing what was coming, especially Anzac day and that hawthorn game.
The first FC game was embarrassing to watch. The interstate games were generally horrible although they were at least competitive for a half against swans and Eagles. Not even going to discuss the Brisbane abomination.

I spent the year counting down the rounds until it was all over, although the last month did make it a lot more bearable as the small positives from the year started to bare fruit and we could see what was being put in place for 2017+.

I do not want to ever go to games again hoping to not be smashed by 10+ goals like a loser Dees supporter.

I want to go to games stressed out that we can and should win on Anzac day, Dreamtime and each time we play FC and Hawthorn. Stress free footy is boring.

Started the season by watching EFC beat Fark carlton at Optus oval or whatever they call it these days and finished the season by defeating Fark carlton at the G. It bookended the season perfectly.

Funnily enough the Brisbane game didn’t rile me up all that much but ANZAC day… farrrrrrrk.

Every year.

ENOUGH.

Like a symbol of what we have been through over the past 4 years

Brownlow decision and player movement decisions - were/are being tenuously dragged out, as if to say - it hasn’t been enough for you guys. We are just going to slowly twist the dagger a bit more.

Hated the whole year but was overwhelmed by that last win. It was like getting sent home from hospital.

I drank more this season than any other. And i like a drink

I dont remember too much of the losses

I was trying to find a way to say this without making me sound like an alco.

I’ve only had about 4 drinks since our last game though which is nice.

I don’t feel like we won the spoon.

Not really.

Enjoyed parts of it , absolutely. We played well enough to have won at least 4 or 5. Ive seen worse years from 'full strength' essendon and this year we had genuine talent to see.

But i was also able to divorce the saga stuff from the footy stuff so that probably helped.

Yeah, I think that’s the key. It’s also the key point to the question raised in the OP.

It’s not “Did this year make up for the saga?” or “Was this year a good year of footy for our club?” or “Are you now over the saga because Zach Merrett and Tippa?”

In fact, the question puts most of that aside. I looked at it this way. If I was to think how I felt about footy and this season back in January, and then compared it to how I felt at the end of the season, was it more enjoyable than expected?

The answer is a resounding yes, because I feel that we didn’t just tread water, we actually managed to spin some real positives out of the shitstorm. And let’s be honest… The year could have been a whole lot worse.

Doesn’t mean there isn’t still a big blob of severe bitterness hiding in my heart ready to explode at any point.

Nup, it sucked balls.
As good as it was seeing the development of kids nothing can substitute wins. Sucks seeing insolvent bloodsucking clubs like the Dogs and Norf play finals. Only attended a handful of games this year and watched bugger all games that didn’t include us.

Yeah really enjoyed it, Went to as many games as I normally would and supported as I normally would, Watched most of the replays as well after the games(except Anzac day).

If we push on and become successful in finals in the next 24 months this season was the reason.

I don't feel like we won the spoon.

That’s becasue you don’t “win” the spoon.

I didn’t enjoy it, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. That said, the bad stuff that had already happened radically changed my attitude and approach to many things.

I did like watching the kids develop and the effort.

Zerrett, Tippa, Fanta, Parish made it easier.

The win against Carlton was a great way to finish - especially as I got to witness it with a few friends and Blitzers.

We’ll end up a better club, but I’m still ■■■■■■ off with what it took to wake us up…

I don't feel like we won the spoon.

That’s becasue you don’t “win” the spoon.

But Carlton have won so many!! No fair.

Obviously would have enjoyed the season a lot more watching the 12 out there under Hirdy’s leadership but I took a different kind of enjoyment and satisfaction out of this year.

The way the club and supporters rallied together (the march and win in round 2 was one of the most emotional experiences I’ve ever had in footy) and the way the players never gave up was amazing. Watching the young guys do their thing, Zerrett become an absolute A1 gun (both on and off the field), JD kicking 40 and seeing a few unexpected wins made the season more enjoyable than I thought it would have been.

Going to the games wasn’t as bad as expected. Even though we got smashed a few times, the boys never stopped cracking in, which was the most pleasing sign. I went to all home games and was only really disappointed with the Brissy game from a lack of effort point of view. Had we kicked a little straighter in a few games we may have pinched a few more.

So yeah, it was fantastic to see the club make the best of a ■■■■■■ situation and I did enjoy the year for the most part.

Bring on 2017.

The year isn't even over yet.

Your deadpan way of bringing things back to reality just about every single time makes me LOL, it shouldn’t but it does.

Yep funniest guy on blitz by a long margin.

I enjoyed certain individual things throughout the year, but overall it was completely ■■■■.

worst.season.ever.