Diggers' Reviews

Southbank Brisbane; From the bouganvillea avenue to the man made lagoon. Outstanding attraction. 4 Stars

Enormous Ferris Wheel: Kids insisted. I pretended I wasn't keen although I secretly was. Went around one way, then the other. Then back the first way. You can see quite a bit from up there. Staff were friendly. 3.5 Stars

Brisbane Art Gallery: If you love Brutalist architecture, which I do, you'll love the whole museum/gallery precinct. Beautiful building. Eames/modenist exhibition had some typical examples of the era but was pretty limited given the asking price. Still worth a look. 3 Stars

New Years' Eve Fireworks: Walked there from our hotel, found a clear view near the maritime museum, enjoyed the show, kid's went ape, walked back to the hotel without getting robbed. All courtesy of the good people of Queensland. Couldn't have asked for more. 5 Stars

Electric Skateboards: Saw a few around Southbank. I want one. 3 Stars

Brisbane Taxi Service: Surprisingly efficient. 3 Stars

Houses on Stilts: Quaint. 3 Stars

All the Free Mangoes You Can Eat: Fatty B said that the streets were lined with mango trees. No they weren't. 0 Stars

Paid Mangoes: Plenty of those. Real good too. 4 Stars

Tennis Event Schedulers: Can't tell you the draw until late the night before. Buy tickets to day and night sessions for day one and two in hope that you should have all eventualities covered only to discover the game you want to see isn't happening until day farking three! Arseholes. 0 Stars

Roger Federer; Only saw him play doubles with N Mahut. (See above for reason why) Still, he was awesome. 5 Stars

Maria Sharapova: Found myself daydreaming about the possibilities. Hope no one noticed. 4 Stars

Serena Williams: Has to be seen to be believed. Those of you who know me know I'd go there. Nothing has changed. Repeat, nothing. 5 Stars

Tennis Ball Guy + unidentified Ninja Turtle; Outstanding effort. It was 38c with +80% humidity. Compo claims pending. 3 Stars

Sam (former) Wiggle; Was nice enough to pose for a photo with Jnr diggers' 1 & 2. 4.5 Stars

Bamboo Basket Southbank: Non-stop yum cha. Very nice indeed and they make you feel very welcome. 4.5 Stars

Hertz Car Rentals: So that's why they call them Hertz... 2 Stars

Brisbane Humidity: The f*ck is this? 1 Star

Mount Coot-tha: Ripping view. 3.5 Stars

Diana Plaza Hotel: Over-promised and under-delivered. Sure, display industry award certificates in prominant locations but make sure they're at least from this century. Should have visited back in '98. 2 Stars

More to come...

Let us know when you go to a city people actually want to visit.

Enormous Ferris Wheel: Kids insisted. I pretended I wasn't keen although I secretly was. Went around one way, then the other. Then back the first way. You can see quite a bit from up there. Staff were friendly. 3.5 Stars

Can you ask the engineers if they want to come to Melbourne? We have one that hasn't worked for 5 years.

The Melbourne wheel is dumb anyway. I went on it on 09, you couldn’t see anything good from it.

The Melbourne wheel is dumb anyway. I went on it on 09, you couldn't see anything good from it.

hey! those shipping containers are a thing of beauty.

The Melbourne wheel is dumb anyway. I went on it on 09, you couldn't see anything good from it.

Costco...the Bolte Bridge...our office...bugman  on 'No Pants Friday'...the West Melbourne rail yards...it should all be in a Beautiful Melbourne calendar.

Diggers fancies himself as that Myles Barlow bloke.

Costco...the Bolte Bridge...our office...bugman  on 'No Pants Friday'...the West Melbourne rail yards...it should all be in a Beautiful Melbourne calendar.

Melbourne Wholesale market.

Diggers fancies himself as that Myles Barlow bloke.

Inspired by M Barlow.

Can you ask the engineers if they want to come to Melbourne? We have one that hasn't worked for 5 years.

What an outrageous accusation.

It started working again just the other day. After about 4.95 years.

Review Sirena Williams cans for me.

What an outrageous accusation.

It started working again just the other day. After about 4.95 years.

Hasn't it stopped working though? That could have been the extra .05

Are people still having sex in the wheel? Seems the only legit reason to go there, plus pretty private apparently

Review Sirena Williams cans for me.

Well, she'd probably accidently kill you with them due to all the peds, i.e. 0. Oh and did you intentionally spell her name like the Sirena Tuna? Lol cans, ey.

Are people still having sex in the wheel? Seems the only legit reason to go there, plus pretty private apparently

surely there's cameras in there?

how much are tickets?

how much are tickets?

To the wheel or the video feed room?

how much are tickets?

Or in Serena's cans?

how much are tickets?

Or in Serena's cans?

i guess i'd need admission to both, they are pretty large.

Got the grand tour the other day through work.

Can confirm cameras so the mile high club would be out of the question

Possible chance for a quick armpit choo choo if you could talk the missus into it

Not familiar with the "armpit choo choo" maneuver.