Dinner

A reply to: @Aceman regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Silly Billy regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @Silly Billy regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @em2009 regarding QuoteLink
Cooked a nice rabbit stifado tonight. Prepared a marinade last night of some balsamic vinegar and bay leaves and let the rabbit pieces soak overnight. Cooked it tonight with some sauteed onions, palm sugar, cinnamon, garlic, tomatoe paste, rosemary, red wine anpd a few other spices and herbs. Served it with garlic roasted spuds. Used to eat rabbit a lot as kids but probably only have it a couple of times a year now, my wife normally isnt a fan but enjoyed it tonight

Got any leftovers for me?

Not even any left for myself. Have a 16yo who despite being thinly framed devours food like a vacuum cleaner. He had 3 serves and then still asked what was for dessert

and what was for dessert?

Had some over ripe bananas that were going to be thrown out so made a banana and butterscotch self saucing pudding in the microwave

Got a recipe for us??

This serves 4 To make the batter: -In a large bowl mix 1 cup of SRF, 1 cup of brown sugar and 4 teaspoons of cinnamon, whisk out the lumps or sift. -In a small bowl mix 80 grams of melted butter (slightly cooled), 3/4 Cup of full cream milk, 2 mashed bananas and 2 teaspoons of butterscotch or vanilla essence. - Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients, mix until combined. - If you want you can add 3/4 cup of White choc chunks, nuts, caramel chunks etc to final mixture for extra taste. - I pour the batter into 4 soup mugs. - Make the sauce, 1/4 Cup golden syrup, 40g butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 200ml boiling water, mix all together ( I use a glass jug) - Using the back of a spoon pour the sauce carefully over the individual mugs of batter. - Microwave the mugs individually for about 1.10 on high, add cream or icecream if you want Pretty quick and easy to make and tastes pretty damn good, not great if you are watching your calories though lol

Great will give it a shot

T-Bone steak and steamed fresh vegies with cheese sauceā€¦ yep Iā€™m that lazy I got the ready to go packs.

This is why your friends donā€™t go to restaurants you choose.

A reply to: @em2009 regarding QuoteLink

This is why your friends don't go to restaurants you choose.

not ideal as a meal, but steak was discounted and the vegies were cheap

Australia Day down at Docklands.

Discovered a hidden gem in there at New Quayā€¦a pizza place selling large pizzas for $9.90 (compare this to the food available at the Australia Day party nearby where it was crazy).

Has the humble name of Docklands Pizzeria.

Chips and gravy from Vilis.

Roasted zucchini and tomato pasta. Vegetables from our veggie patch.

Quoted Post

Chips and gravy from Vilis.

Ever tried Poutine?

Madness

Iā€™m sure itā€™s not as good as Vilis.

Poutine is not a restaurant.

Itā€™s a dish, a state of mindā€¦a way if life.

Uploaded with Imgupr

In my role as Official Blitz Chips Reviewer: yeah nah, you can do better.

Donā€™t knock it til ya try it.

Havenā€™t found anywhere in OZ that makes it.

Iā€™m well aware of what it is. One of the pubs here had it on their specuals menu last year.

Still has nothing on Vilis.

:slight_smile:

BBQ for 1.

Quoted Post

BBQ for 1.

?? No shows? Or just slack?

I didnā€™t invite anyone! Screw people.

Ribs?
Brisket?

Wings?

Iā€™m greek mate. Lamb chops.

I threw in some chicken wings and italian sausages.

Quoted Post

BBQ for 1.

No friends left?