Don The Stat Podcast Thread - Round 7 Preview vs Collingwood Out Now

New Don The Stat episode discussing the hiring of Brad Scott is out now. Thanks to former North Melbourne staffer Ricky Mangidis for joining me to discuss who Brad Scott is as a coach. Check it out on Apple Podcasts or Spotify

If you’re interested in Ricky’s analysis you can check it out at The Shinboner

1 Like

Fixed an issue some people were having downloading some older episodes, everything should be up to date now

1 Like

We recorded a short update episode with our plans for the rest of the year. We also have put together an anonymous questionnaire that we’d like our listeners to fill out to help us better plan the show for 2023. You can complete the questionnaire here:

https://donthestat.podbean.com/p/don-the-stat-listener-questionnaire-2022/

Link to the episode:

2 Likes

Done!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

We’ll be recording our Draft Preview live next Monday on Twitter Spaces with The Inner Sanctum’s Draft Expert Jasper Chellapah. People can join and ask questions live in the Twitter Space or you can post your questions below and we’ll get to them during the show.

You can find Jasper’s Phantom Draft here: AFL Phantom Draft 2022: How will the first round play out?

I’ll post the link to the Twitter Space shortly. You’ll be able to rsvp so you can listen live to the show and ask your questions.

You can RSVP to the Twitter Space here

1 Like

Going live at 8, come join us in the Twitter Space

1 Like

Our draft preview is now available in our Podcast feeds, check it out!

3 Likes

We’re running a draft prediction competition on Twitter, come submit your guess.

Have had two episodes come out in the past 24 hours.

We have our draft reaction show with Inner Sanctum Draft Expert Jasper Chellappah

And we talk holistically about the importance of the board elections currently happening with special guest Mike Read

2 Likes

Don The Stat 2022 End of Year show is live now.

In tonights show, we look at the newly released fixture, explore what the new draftees will bring, make some predictions for 2023 and reflect on the inaugural year of Don The Stat

2 Likes

Going to be running some Bombers trivia on Twitter Spaces this Sunday Night at 8pm, come along for a bit of fun.

1 Like

Don The Stat has started a Patreon! You can find it here:

Sign up now to hear our interview with Greg Martin, father of Nic about being a 45 year Collingwood supporter and Nic’s journey to the AFL.

There’s an announcement episode for the Patreon as well as a recording of the Quiz we hosted to celebrate. Check it out here:

1 Like

We’ve been running a tournament on Twitter to establish the best Essendon win since 1990. We’re down to the final 8 matches and we recorded an episode reflecting on our experiences and stories of these games.

3 Likes

Great! Think I will wander over to patreon now and sign up! Love listening to you guys review and analyse the team… thanks.

Thanks for the support! Hopefully we make it worth your while.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great podcast. Brought back some great memories.Went to many of those games but the ones I didn’t get to see remembered where I was. The Wanganeen after siren game I was in Bali walking around rice fields trying to listen on shortwave radio.
1993 was living in the states getting replays on Home team sports cable…

3 Likes

Jono and Ian sat down with fan favourite training watcher Rick Edwards to discuss how the Essendon Pre-Season has been travelling. We talk about the new coaching regime, who the potential captains are and how the draftees have settled in to the club.

You can listen to Don The Stat on all good Pod sites including Apple and Spotify

5 Likes

Thanks for your podcast Jono and Ian… I was so rapt when I came across Don The Stat last year. I have been a big fan ever since.

2 Likes