Dons help out mourning family

Such a horrible thing to happen for the family and proud of EFC for doing something to try and help in what must be an incredibly difficult and painful time for the family.

Quite trivial in comparison but EFC has a free program where they will come and run a football program for local kinders. I applied for this on behalf of my Wife for her kinder. My Wife’s kinder is well outside of the “zone” for this program so was not expecting them to be able to do it. As it turns out they were quite happy to do it and have been so enthusiastic about it and are actually coming multiple times later in the year.

Great, strong club.

2 Likes

Condolences and thoughts to the family

This is why our club is the best club

Condolences and thoughts to the family

This is why our club is the best club

As much as I love Essendon, they didn’t offer any assistance to a friend of mine who ended up in hospital for 6 months via a tragedy back in 2014. He is/was an essendon member (10+ years) as I was until this year (i’m not a current member but prior to this year had been for 11 years).

I asked them for disabled seat access for this mate on Anzac day (who was going to be allowed day leave from the Epworth). The request went unanswered/ignored after multiple attempts.

We got our wish in the end because two collingwood players at the time volunteered at Epworth, maybe still do. One of them got my mate the the wheelchair access ticket on the ground level. The whole thing left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

However, I’m glad that they’ve done something here.

2 Likes

Condolences to the family. Any chance of the kids getting an Essendon jumper?

You might want to read the dates on the posts here md …

This happened a year ago now.

Way to go mdso. lol. Thanks for brightening up my shi-te morning. :grin:

Very nasty crack at Dunlop there.

If you haven’t met him, I’ll tell you he’s about 4’6".

I remember one day that Dunlop, Bomb Doe and Your Team were out at training and stood together down by the fence, and some wit asked where the other four (dwarves) were that day.

3 Likes