Dreamliner - Only for Plane Buffs

Not sure if anyone loves aircraft but this was the first Air India flight to Melbourne and the first Dreamliner to arrive in Australia.

IMG_3502640x480_zpse0439f39.jpg

IMG_3504640x480_zps2e94c1eb.jpg

IMG_3506640x480_zpsb5a8e9e8.jpg

IMG_3507640x480_zps4e3b8e3f.jpg

IMG_3511640x480_zps056d973a.jpg

IMG_3512640x480_zpsf226dfb7.jpg

So THAT'S why you went to training.

The good news is plane nerds are saner than pencil nerds.

So… what do people think of Blackwing 602s?

I know it's technically awesome, but man, Boeing's commercial designs are stuck in a rut. 

But I'm more into warbirds

So THAT'S why you went to training.

Honestly, was pure luck. This road is like 2 minutes to the New facilities.

Flew BC on a Dreamliner a few months ago. Interesting only insofar as the design is all meant to be ergonomic. Agree with MG that there is nothing inspring about the design/experience. The main visible difference from other planes is that the dunny doors are lighter, one piece and swivel. 

Never flown with AIr India or on a Dreamliner but have flown with Yeti Airlines in Nepal.

Matrix and Albert, take a real good look at the wing design. The swept tips and the curved wings!

Yeah, raked wingtips. That’s a very Boeing thing, too; some later 747’s, 767’s and the 777 has them, too. Better fuel efficiency, shortens take-off but increases bending forces.

EDIT: the new P-8 naval multirole plane has raked wingtips too, seeing as its based off a 767-400.

Do they do an unleaded version?

I hate Faber with a passion. Staedtler, baby.

Air India. What's the bet one of these crashes within the next 12 months.

Never flown with AIr India or on a Dreamliner but have flown with Yeti Airlines in Nepal.

me too flew into lukla on the way to everest base camp.....never forget the 2 pilots wiping the windscreen with a towel to keep it from fogging up!

Not sure if anyone loves aircraft but this was the first Air India flight to Melbourne and the first Dreamliner to arrive in Australia.

But it went through Sydney first:
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2013/08/30/and-the-winner-is-sydney-in-the-2013-dreamliner-games/

me too flew into lukla on the way to everest base camp.....never forget the 2 pilots wiping the windscreen with a towel to keep it from fogging up!

Same here....nothing like spotting the wreckage of a not so lucky previous flight as the plane came to a halt :)

Same here....nothing like spotting the wreckage of a not so lucky previous flight as the plane came to a halt :)

I took the scenic way out on the way back in a helicoptor due to a pulmonary odema suffered at 6000m!

Matrix and Albert, take a real good look at the wing design. The swept tips and the curved wings!

Sorry, but couldn't see the wings from where I was sitting.

Went through Boeing at Everett in Feb. Amazing factory.

Also went through Edwards Airforce Base and that was unreal.

I took the scenic way out on the way back in a helicoptor due to a pulmonary odema suffered at 6000m!

I flew out on Yeti as well...but after a day and a half delay due to fog in Kathmandu keeping planes on the ground there. It was really frustrating as the weather at Lukla was beautiful and we all just wanted to get back to Kathmandu for a hot shower and a few beers.