Dumb Questions Amnesty

guy I know swears by the Foxtel streaming service. he pays extra(watches the other stuff on it) but reckons its a lot better than kayo

1 Like

Are electric cars going to have to play an engine soundtrack to protect pedestrians who can’t hear them approaching?

1 Like

It is a bit dangerous, we’re gonna have to adjust.
You forget how much you use yours ears for traffic when those things pull in with the sound of a dvd being ejected.

It’s all good.

They’ll all have collision sensors which totally won’t malfunction.

I just want motor vehicles to have sensors which prevent cars from running the red lights at pedestrian crossings.

I had my car written off because of that.
Pedestrian crossing on the turn off going into the road that leads to Chaddy.
Italian nonna with her weird…vinyl…box on wheels, standing at the pedestrian crossing.
I stop.
Car behind me ploughs into me.
Italian nonna doesn’t even shrug, just crosses the road.

Thanks but never wanted nor needed Facebook.

1 Like

No worries if your interested in checking more broadly, this is the best website on the net to see if your phone or emails been taken from a company.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Need to use +61 instead of a leading 0 on your phone number.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issues with Blitz

Not sure where to ask this, so picked this forum.

How do I get a discount subscription to The Age?

I landed on a few discount sites, but I am reluctant to proceed in case I get phished etc

I don’t think you really need to subscribe to The Age. Are you wanting the physical newspaper or just the site?

If just the site, you can access it using a computer and browser. After 10 page views they block you but all you have to do is delete the cookies from www.theage.com.au and you’re good to view 10 pages again.

I’ve been doing this for years.

3 Likes

So I made a bet with Eagles polo shirt-wearing bloke at work on the outcome of our upcoming tussle. Just a six-pack of craft beer. On the Monday after our win I gave him a bag in which he could place the beers. On Tuesday he tells me it’s tricky for him to pay up without his wife finding out. It’s Thursday lunchtime and all I get now when passing each other in the corridor is silence and averted eyes. Should I let it ride?

Edit: stink eye worked…

Do you wear a jacket that you can take off and wave at him until he pays up?

5 Likes

Without his wife finding out what?

1 Like

That he’s in a $25 hole!

1 Like

Yeah, but over that? Wow. What a pansy.

Insist that he pays. He makes a bet, he coughs up. After and ONLY after he pays you, please insult him (unless he’s your boss) for both being a wuss and for being a wanker that wears polos.

1 Like

Right click the 3 vertical dots top right select New Incognito page ,type in "the age "select and bingo .open other pages in Incognito page type in SMH and bingo the affiliate select the AFL section in sport .

2 Likes

It’s the law in Europe. All electric cars make an artificial noise below 25kmph.

We don’t have that here yet cause it’ll ruin the weekend.

1 Like

Thank you.

Is there a cricket thread here, can’t seem to find a current one