Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

I see, so end thread?

But then where would we talk about Jake Lever?

3 Likes

In the “should we play them forward or back?” thread

1 Like

In the “Boats” thread, obviously.

1 Like

But that’s not what the ‘Boats’ thread is for.

5 Likes

The funny thing is I heard over the weekend from extended family with Carlton connections that we are into Martin, big time.

I had no way of validating the info (but will try again when I next catch up with the extended family member) and it does fly in the face of what every one else “in the know” seems to be saying.

Personally, I think Martin is gone and the media reports last week Richmond upping their offer to him to 1.2M/year seemed to me like closing the stable door after the horse is bolted.

The only question is, where does Dusty go?

My personal opinion is that he will end up at Sydney and there’ll be a complicated trade involving all/any of Zac Jones, Sam Reid and Kurt Tippett plus Sydney’s first round draft pick.

Still reckon he stays at the Tiges.

2 Likes

Reports are that Jones and Reid have re-signed.

Didn’t Reid and Zac Jones just re-sign? That’s what was said in the Jones thread.

The other problem is that Lever will definitely cost a lot. Our first round pick as a minimum. Which at the moment I would hope is completely set on being a midfielder of some type (or a flanker who is expected to play midfield :wink: ).

Bolster the midfield or fold the fkn club.

15 Likes

thats simple. McGrath in the guts. Done.

Edit. And Parish on a permanent basis.

2 Likes

on last efc podcast, they ask Woosha if he would take Lever or McGovern from crows - he said he knows the older West Coast McGovern so hes from a good family but Lever was special and a very good backman from a young age and he had more involvement with Lever than McGovern.

hmmmm…

1 Like

Hey, I grew up in Brunswick…

2 Likes

Is Lever more like Hurley or Hooker in defence

Cause we have Hurley already but need another Hooker

1 Like

Why can’t we have both?

1 Like

Yeah so did my dad. His family was fc too but he defected.

1 Like

More like Gleeson.

1 Like