Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

Don’t want. He would not be a good fit for our club.

4 Likes

Worth it, certainly, … but won’t expect or ask for it.

He’ll take less to be part of the resurgence & flags, as will others I believe, which is exactly why anyone coming in will have to buy in under the same ethos, or it fcuks up all that loyalty and creates bad juju.

3 Likes

Xman confirmed our interest on SEN. was it smoke and mirrors? Personally I’d love him at the club. From what I’ve heard he’s super professional on the track and is a super talent obviously. What’s he worth? That’s the million dollar question

Dusty wants cash.

Probably realises his chances are ■■■■■■ post footy. Won’t take less.

Also good fit for our club? He’s only destructive to himself, and nowhere near the same postcodes as other self destructive types (Cousins).

I think that might be the call as to whether he is even a chance to come to us, assuming we’re genuinely interested.

If he doesn’t want flag success, and isn’t willing to come over for a bit less, I reckon it’s no chance.

Fuarrrrk he would transform us. WANT

BRING
HIM
IN

2 Likes

apart from anything else, I still don’t see how he fits our needs. yes he can do what they say we need, but he’s not a full time midfielder.
if you are going to have to pay over the odds that you are to get him, you’d want some pretty iron clad guarantees that he will be producing the same results across 20 plus mins of a game, in the middle of the ground.

He hasn’t exactly “lead” richmonds midfield to any great success.

He has issues off the field also, people trying to justify them as “not that bad” are prolly the same ones who said cousins was off the gear and would be a good fit, ditto bennell ditto any sort of trouble like that.

just like removing the wrong players and breaking the fabric of the group you’re trying to build, you can break it by beinging in the wrong people.

2 Likes

He’s only not a full time midfielder at Tigers as they need him to play fwd as their fwd line is rubbish.

1 Like

He fits our need because he’s in the top few midfielders in the comp. fk he’d be a good fit for ANY side. is quick, strong and kicks goals. He’s the perfect modern day midfielder. I rate him as good as Dangerfield and Fyfe and so do most people I reckon.

Merrett, Heppell, Martin, Parish . OH BOY

3 Likes

then name them.

1 Like

Will be just his “feeling” or his manager using us to bump up his price because unlike North, we are a team some people might want to go to.

I doubt (but others will know for sure) of we even called or at most just asked what his asking price is.

As for Josh Kelly, would give up every pick in next year’s draft for him.

1 Like

Irrelevant mate. Ze cash we 'ave. Spend it for ze right man ve vill.

1 Like

he’s not a full time midfielder at richmond cos he hasn’t got the capacity yet to run through there for more than short bursts at a time.

Otherwise you’d play someone you lot seem to rate on equal par with fyfe and danger in the actual midfield more often and you’d try and find others to make the forwardline better.

as boot said you’d be expected to not only look after him onfield to a degree, but off field a hell of alot, cos he has taken all this time and effort to put a structure around him that keeps him vaguely off of a certain path, you wouldn’t be able to just remove him from that and expect him function to a similar standard.
you could very well end up with one hell of an expensive lemon

but i hold out hope that people at our club aren’t that stupid to chase a ■■■■■■■ on par with carlisle, just cos he can push people away and kick it long.

1 Like

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: I don’t want this guy.

Far, far more trouble than he’s worth. 'Boot is right when he says that the Tiges basically have a rotating shift of full time minders making sure he pays his bills and wipes his own ■■■■ (and does NOT do the latter on some young lady who knocks him back on a Sat night.) The Tigers/AFL have had to sweep more than a few flare-ups under the rug already, and that’s not including the chopstick thing.

I used to have some pretty good sources at the Tigers, but not any more. But when I did, they were unanimously agreed on how much of a train wreck this guy is. Has the mental capacity of foot fungus. Loves the recreational pharmaceuticals, fancies himself as a hard man, likes a late-night square-up when he’s got a few under his belt.

He’s a hell of a player, obviously. But at Essendon he wouldn’t be given the chance to show that. My belief is that the AFL don’t want us winning a flag until that last of the ‘34’ have retired, cos of ‘optics’ and ‘tainted premierships’ and the like. They want us solvent, but not successful. As such, if we start looking too promising, they’ll do their best to discreetly nobble us. We can expect terrible fixturing, players being given quiet AFL encouragement to ask for trades out of the club, quality players being encouraged not to seek a trade in to EFC, and any off-field incidents by players to be trumpeted to the skies. Martin would be an absolute gift to this strategy. The tigers and the AFL have gone to great lengths to keep Martin’s stupidity and offences (I’m not going to call them ‘indiscretions’ cos that’s far too cutesy for some quite unpleasant stuff) quiet, because the AFL want a bit of richmond success some time soon. If Martin gets to EFC, that veil of protection not just drops, it is enthusiastically torn up. Remember that Caro is very good mates with the current Tigers admin (she even lobbies for them enthusiastically every time their monopoly on power at punt road gets threatened) and i bet she knows all the dirt. If he wore red & black, she’d know exactly where to go, exactly who to talk to, and exactly what stories to chase up in order top put us in a position where we’d have no alternative to put him on significant club suspension. No, we wouldn’t suspend him for stuff he did at Richmond years back, but the guy isn’t going to change now, there’ll be new ■■■■ he gets up to that Caro will gleefully be able to hammer us with.

Too much money, and too much risk. No.

29 Likes

Incorrect. He played full time midfield last year but they found they weren’t getting as much impact from him as they wanted.

Him getting a lot of ball behind centre (like Zac does) is nowhere near as damaging as him fwd of centre and directly being involved in scoring chains or kicking goals himself.

So they recruited accordingly and playing him a greater amount of time fwd/mid now, with clear effect. Been a match winner with others taking up the load getting the ball forward more often.

For us that wouldn’t happen or be needed given how dangerous our fwd line is.

1 Like

Nope, there are far better options for the $$ in te long term. The guy is a train wreck off field.

1 Like

Xavier said it hasn’t even gone outside of the list management team so how does he know they’ve had discussions? When was the last time we openly declared we were interested in a player from another club?

As anther posted said, the timing of this seems a little too convenient

I don’t want to ever see this di ckhead playing at this club for the reasons HM outlined. Don’t buy into any of the AFL conspiracy theory fantasy though, little too much SAGA-juice at play there.

6 Likes

Its not a reason, its an allusion to acts without actually saying what it is.

I don’t think it was an allusion at all. I take it as read that he likes to get into fights, associate with wannabe gangstas, get on the ■■■■ and threaten woman. The guy is a complete low-life and a simpleton - a very dangerous combination in my humble view. Should be nowhere near the club. Maybe people can’t see past the ‘insta-star’ gratification (I get it - the guy is a GUN footballer), but he is not the player for the club.

4 Likes