Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

We can’t have that riff raff playing for our esteemed club, the members just wouldn’t stand for it :grinning:

1 Like

If we weren’t in to him long before now we would be absolutely no chance.

He’d never pass Dodoro’s ‘good bloke’ test anyway…

1 Like

that’s why we need to get rid of Dodoro

Dodoro was one of the few who met with Martin when he was OOC with Tigers last time.

We’ve been into him for ages.

Doesn’t fit our ‘choir boy vanilla’ mould.

1 Like

Didn’t get it done then.

Highly doubt he’ll get it done now.

Although I’ll admit there is a sort of morbid curiosity as to whether we would ‘Essington’ a star such as Martin.

1 Like

Would Dusty even want to come to Essendon?

Don’t reckon he wants to come to anyone.

He’ll stay well put if they give him enough, … and they will.

4 Likes

Do what ever it takes to get him to the club.

I thought we had a fair crack at the time and he stayed for less cash? Others who are informed can correct me.

The end of the 2014 season,just before the start of the 2015 season,we offered dusty a contract,last minute he decided to stay at Richmond. And I’m sure last year we enquired about him along with Adelaide and st kilda. As far as offering him big money this year,may or may not b true. So yeah I’d say we have been into him for a while.

I was under the impression that although we looked we made no real offer and that every other club passed on him as well and he was forced to just take what the Tigers offered?

Essendon maybe, definitely not Essington.

1 Like

How effed are we if we don’t even have a crack at this bloke.

1 Like

Martins going to decide Richmond ain’t Richmondy enough anymore and come here is he

t6ue657u

Offer 6mil over 4 years

1 Like

After the weekend I’m now questioning just how ‘attractive’ we are to any players looking to change clubs.

So disappointing.

5 Likes

Of course dusty will be great for us, but perhaps we know he won’t leave Richmond? The best we can hope for is to put in a bid in the hope Richmond stretch their cap because of it. Richmond can offer 200k less than us and he will stay

I want to go all-in for this bloke. Top 5 players in the comp and super enjoyable to watch. Kicks goals, wins contest - a match winner, pure and simple.

Seeing as he’s a must keep for Tigers and a restricted FA - meaning Tigers can choose to match whatever we offer to keep him at the club - I highly doubt we will be able to prize him away.

We simply must start using the FA and trading system to bring in A grade midfielders. Enough is enough of playing mind games during the off-season and leaving with our tail between our legs. If you want real talent, you need to be prepared to play ball and pay market value (or sometimes slightly overs). If Dodoro can’t get these deals done, we need to find someone who can… and FAST.

2 Likes