Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

Hypothetical:
  • we have 1 million spare in the salary cap
  • Nat Fyfe has just re-signed with Freo
  • Anyone else worth pursuing has re-signed
  • We have already signed up all our young guns on longterm deals

Would you sign Martin on a 3-4 year deal on a million a season or no?

To me it’s a no brainer.

#thisshouldbeapoll

Heppel, Merrett and parish will be our A grade mids. Plus there’s a couple on the list who could join them in being very good mids. I think our midfield is looking very healthy for the future. If we did have a spare mill, it’s probably better spent elsewhere. A true A grade ruckman, or a key forward so hooker can go back. Despite the endless jokes on blitz, an AA quality hbf would help enormously too.

I thought I covered all bases when I said Fyfe wasn’t available and all our young guns were signed up…because there isn’t anyone else valuable to sign! Honestly the only available blokes that are young enough and good enough to want to attract to the club are Fyfe, Martin, Bruest, S.Motlop, Ports Trengove and Gold Coast’s Rory Thompson. We haven’t attracted any decent to the club over the last decade other than Goddard. Could do a lot worse than giving the guy who came 3rd in Brownlow a chance for a couple years.

Hypothetical:

To me it’s a no brainer.

#thisshouldbeapoll

Heppel, Merrett and parish will be our A grade mids. Plus there’s a couple on the list who could join them in being very good mids. I think our midfield is looking very healthy for the future. If we did have a spare mill, it’s probably better spent elsewhere. A true A grade ruckman, or a key forward so hooker can go back. Despite the endless jokes on blitz, an AA quality hbf would help enormously too.

I thought I covered all bases when I said Fyfe wasn’t available and all our young guns were signed up…because there isn’t anyone else valuable to sign! Honestly the only available blokes that are young enough and good enough to want to attract to the club are Fyfe, Martin, Bruest, S.Motlop, Ports Trengove and Gold Coast’s Rory Thompson. We haven’t attracted any decent to the club over the last decade other than Goddard. Could do a lot worse than giving the guy who came 3rd in Brownlow a chance for a couple years.

Fyfe: The current rumour today is that Fyfes manager is shopping him around in Melbourne for $1.2 fwiw.
Martin: No way

Hypothetical:

To me it’s a no brainer.

#thisshouldbeapoll

Fyfe: The current rumour today is that Fyfes manager is shopping him around in Melbourne for $1.2 fwiw.

Where did you get this from?

Hypothetical:

To me it’s a no brainer.

#thisshouldbeapoll

The basement of Bob’s butcher shop

Hypothetical:

To me it’s a no brainer.

#thisshouldbeapoll

I think its in the Age: Real footy :#

Hypothetical:

To me it’s a no brainer.

#thisshouldbeapoll

http://s15.postimg.org/3mo8k1xcr/image.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/3leaqmviz/nat.jpg

Hypothetical:

To me it’s a no brainer.

#thisshouldbeapoll

The best in the business, newshound Sam McLure on SEN as I drove to work. He stated this as a fact, I call it a rumour. Its out there.

PS. I see its in print in the Age under his name. Certainly is out there.

Could you imagine trading in a player of dustin’s calibre without getting Dustin the person.

Could you imagine trading in a player of dustin's calibre without getting Dustin the person.

That would be terrific.

And I must say, although I have been stridently against the guy, … I also have the propensity to believe young men can become very different people between early 20’s, & the other end of them, … will keep a close eye on him this year just in case he is one that moves a real distance up the attitude / behaviour scale, … but geez, it’d want to be a fair shift.

Hypothetical:

To me it’s a no brainer.

#thisshouldbeapoll

The best in the business, newshound Sam McLure on SEN as I drove to work. He stated this as a fact, I call it a rumour. Its out there.

PS. I see its in print in the Age under his name. Certainly is out there.

Even if totally true, it doesn't mean his manager isn't just trying to get an offer of $1.2m accepted in Victoria, so Freo will sign for $900k.
Hypothetical:

To me it’s a no.
#thisshouldbeapoll

Couldn’t agree more.

Could you imagine trading in a player of dustin's calibre without getting Dustin the person.

Dylan Shiel

Dylan Shiel

isn’t he also a bit of a loose cannon.

Dylan Shiel

There’s loose cannon and then there’s WMD.

1 Like

Just go all out and get Toby Greene

Two mad nut greens roaming the same forward line.

Dylan Shiel

Fark Carlton fan as a kid? That’s all I’ve ever heard about him.

If we get Martin into the club, get him to bring some microwave ovens with him, so we can do the Richmond thing with our membership cards.

Dylan Shiel

I think he is the only individual GWS midfielder. The rest are like clones running around with bleached ponytails

Dylan Shiel

He’d be my number one target. Absolute gun mid who would instantly make us a better team. Not as good as Fyfe but wouldn’t cost as much either.

Dylan Shiel

He’d be my number one target. Absolute gun mid who would instantly make us a better team. Not as good as Fyfe but wouldn’t cost as much either.

In a heart beat.