Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

I just believe that after everything that’s happened in the past few years, that it was the wrong move.

Why? Nobody is actually answering the question of why it is a bad move. If anything, it’s a positive move because it points none to subtlety to the fact that we don’t want him associated with the club. So it is both informative and pleasing.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for this off-season to go just like every other where we kind of dip our toes in the water and then run away like a little girl at the beach and end up with some manky seaweed and some crappy shells instead.

Let me guess, a smoke screen so we can chase someone who we are interested in but either have to pay fair price for (which we would never do as we tend to always want something for nothing) or are never really in the picture as we were far too late getting our act together.

I love this club, but we are the biggest hand sitters when it comes to the off-season.

Kelly would be worth the two first rounders.

Fyfe would be worth 1.5mil a year.

Would we do either? Would we pull either off? No.

Why we had to release a statement for this I am not sure. Dustin Martin the footballer, anyone would want playing for their team. Dustin Martin the person, no one would want him around their club.

I pray like hell I am wrong but I have no doubt we will sit on our hands and just go to the draft again this year.

5 Likes

A bit difficult to pull 'em off while sitting on your hands, though.

3 Likes

Can the club legally make a formal offer during the season? I think they can suggest, talk generally with managers, but I thought there was restrictions on formally headhunting during the season. Not that it doesn’t happen, but it happens in a typical AFL fuzzy, vague, idiotic, image controlling fashion.

All this talk and I bet we end up with some fkn delisted free agent or someone looking to top up the retirement fund who was good about 4 years ago

6 Likes

Matt Prididis come on down lol

3 Likes

Jesus Christ some of you lot are precious. Not a good look, that was ■■■■, whinge, whinge, whinge.
All the statement did was deny we made an offer. Nothing more, nothing less. It didn’t say we aren’t interested or putting a proposal together, just denied a rumour. Big ■■■■■■ deal

12 Likes

the main person who looks silly from the statement is Xavier

said on radio it has been discussed (he formally linked us to martin)
now statement tries to unlink us

1 Like

I think the club has learnt that it’s important to cut the snake off at the head as soon as something untrue is said in the press.

1 Like

Have they learned that that doesn’t actually work?

All Ox will say this afternoon is “that’s not what I heard” and nothing has changed.

Same as when BROWN DOG had a shot at Heppell for not going on his radio show. Hep’s manager explained why. Then GOOD OLD BROWNY the next day just says “nah I’m right he still should have been on here”.

You can’t win against these idiots. Don’t bother trying.

3 Likes

“i did not have sexual relations with that woman”

2 Likes

He’s not trying to unlink us or take back his previous statement. He’s simply saying that no offer of 1.6 million a year has been made to Dusty or his management.
Right now the club is trying to negotiate deals with some of our young stars. Joe’s management will be saying we think Joe’s worth 1 mill the club will be saying that due to list management, the stage of his career we’re offering 800. It’s pretty hard to negotiate with Joe and Darc’s management when the club’s offering Dusty 1.6.
I don’t think the club’s statement is a big deal.
*Numbers used are fictional and used only as an example

4 Likes

I’m willing to look past the chopstick incident. We all did forgive Hurley for his taxi driver incident after all!

2 Likes

He strikes me as the type of guy who would have grown up thinking chopsticks are for stabbing.

3 Likes

i have to assume that the nuffies who say they wouldnt want him at the club are the same ones saying that conor mckenna is ‘improving’ or that colyer is a ‘gun’. martin would send our teams flag prospects into the stratosphere

Club should have said

“We can or cannot categorically or hypothetically state that we may or may not have approached or did not indirectly approach Dustin “Chopsticks” Martin or his management team.”

6 Likes

“David Schwartz told us he would ‘put his house’ on Hurley being at the Suns. Not the first time David Schwartz bet his house on something and lost.”

22 Likes

Unless we are trying to run a smokescreen, in which case an official denial is rolled gold confirmation to these idiots…

2 Likes

I’d rather drop 800k on two gun players than 1.6 on martin.

6 Likes