Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

The AFL trade whisperer (I know, I know) saying Dusty is a smokescreen by the Bombers - as stated by Fogdog.
Claims we have no interest in Martin but are throwing our rivals off the scent of our real target.
He claims we have spoken to Kelly and his management in recent weeks.
Just sharing.

8 Likes

Hurley was charged and faced the consequences.

Guess who didnā€™t?

5 Likes

Iā€™ve heard its a double smoke screen

2 Likes

Of course. The old double smokescreen.
Kurt Tippet?

1 Like

Just think if we had one in four of the people around him in the goal square smart enough to put in the same second effort he did before he kicked that goal he wouldnā€™t be worth that much money we now seem to think heā€™s worth

save the money, recruit non lazy footballers.

1 Like

So do the wages to mind him out of playing hours come from his salary or do we need to add that onto the salary cap?

Gotta get a superstar mid or Jake carlisle was right.

How the fark can there be Essendon fans who donā€™t want him?? Heā€™s a top 5 player in the comp FFS.

Offer him everything.

Yep. I reckon people are wacko if they dont want him.
Iā€™m sure our leaders are capable of giving him good off field habits if thats really an issue and not just bulldust media talk.

Chopstix

Wasnā€™t 1 chop stick it was both!

You canā€™t put lipstick on a pig and say sweet mate.

can you name one player our supposed leaders have been able to ā€œchange off field habitsā€ ?
Hell they canā€™t even help change onfield habits how the ā– ā– ā– ā–  do you expect them to change off field ?

why do you think someone whoā€™d be getting 1 mil a year would want to change his off field habits, knowing suckers will you know pay 1 mil a year cos he can kick a footy around slighly good ?

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  if I know why anyone would b e willing to waste their time HAVING TO TRY TO CONVINCE some knobjockey that you know heā€™s living a dream of alot of people, getting paid well to do so, yet still needs to be babysat like a 2 year old and needs to be ā€œchangedā€ into not being a total ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Iā€™d imagine thereā€™s better things to expend energy on, rather than having to watch a grown man for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, just so he doesnā€™t snort too much and does day to day tasks.

1 Like

Some of us have a brain. FFS.

5 Likes

I really hate the opinion that we need to raid an opposition club to advance. Especially when it involves a media ā€˜starā€™. Doesnā€™t anyone remember what happened after 2001? And itā€™s not just about who has to be squeezed out to accommodate ā€˜eliteā€™ players; itā€™s about disrupting the bond between players who - today - have bought into our program of working towards success.

Kelly has half a season of form. Good footballer but not a game-breaker. Let him go to his fatherā€™s club - North - for much more than he has earned.

Martin? Fck him!

2 Likes

Darknightpheonix. Well agree to disagree.
Its about time this club as a whole started taking some risks and backing each other on and off field instead of arsing around like theyā€™ve done for the last 15 odd years. So what if hes had some issues off the field but other clubs have had players with issues too and dealt with them as they have
arisen.
Hes a good enough player to take a chance on.
This club off the field has no balls and needs to get tougher and it got to start somewhere.
Weā€™ll have to agree to disagree on our opinions though.

What!
Will be a top 5 player in the comp over the next few years. Absolute jet and from all you hear a excellent role model and hard worker. We should be so lucky to attract a player of his quality

2 Likes

Kelly seems to be indicating he wonā€™t be going anywhere.

So who is the next Blitz big thing we are supposedly after?

I must of read it differently. Listening to him yesterday I got the feeling he is as good as gone.
As for other targets we would be silly not to ask about anyone OOC who could come in and help us.

So tell meā€¦ where would you, personally, draw the line? What would amount to an unacceptable risk? Is there any point youā€™d say ā€˜nah, thatā€™s a step too farā€¦ā€™.
Or have you got bigger balls than that?

1 Like