EFC clothing discussions (2019 onwards)

From the team that is constantly chasing members to buy more stuff… they aren’t going without a sponsor.

1 Like

Yeah. Felt like the one opportunity where you could have forgone the bottom line by celebrating 150 years with some class and prestige and keep them off. Would have sold with or without sponsors anyway.

1 Like

That black stitching that interferes with the sash at the bottom right of the jumper is a disgrace. No, I won’t let it go!

1 Like

I quite like the skinny sash. Slimming perhaps?

1 Like

Like it, and like using the thin sash as a heritage thing, the only thing I think they should have done is eschewed this years’ “flourishes” i.e. the red line around the collar and stitching which would have made it more timeless. The heritage part is ruined by having the same modern touches, if that makes sense.

3 Likes

As Smooth mentioned, the black stitching through the base of the sash is a disgrace, and a sash must firstly, always go fully over the shoulder…NOT mostly through the arm cuff as this one does. They failed to follow and understand the basics, on what would have been a nice 150 year jumper.

2 Likes

Thanks I hate it

Another in a long line of UA jumpers that could have been good, but are not.

1 Like

Is Cotton On replacing Under Armour?

And that “sash”… :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Lol that’s ■■■■■■■ dreadful.

2 Likes

Cotton On do all AFLW teams from memory.

3 Likes

The Richmond AFLW jumper is very similar where the sash doesn’t pass over the shoulder. Not a fan…

1 Like

Peru’s sash stops short of passing over the shoulder too. Not sure that’s a good omen.

1 Like

“Hey boss, I’m sorry, I ■■■■■■ up the pattern on the Essendon stuff”

“Can’t be that bad, let me see”

“Nah I mean I really ■■■■■■ it up, see?”

“Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit”

“Yep. Sorry. I’ll do it again”

“Wait. What if, stay with me here, it’s ‘cutting edge’ design?”

“But look at it. The sash is completely”…

“CUTTING EDGE”.

2 Likes

Not sure which thread it was, but someone noted recently that there are no normal mens jumpers available on the Bombershop website at the moment.

I have also noticed that a number of players have been wearing recycled jumpers recently, I think round one jumpers with a black patch over the country game image. Zach had one on against Brisbane, for example.

Are there manufacturing or shipping issues, or has Under Armour completely cracked it and we’re done with them?

1 Like

Can’t wait for people to come to their senses and get us back on board with Puma.

3 Likes

Ohh Essendon puma speedcats

I like the UA stuff that isn’t the playing jumper. The red and black training jumper, the hoodies and stuff like that are terrific.

Would really like it if a version of the coach’s gameday hoodie was available. All the jumpers on the bombershop have elastic along the bottom which I hate, got quite excited when I noticed Rutten’s didn’t have it on gameday, but of course it doesn’t appear to be available.

They’ve had delivery issues for a while.

1 Like