EFC Digital Survey

what do you think of the AFL.
oh boy.

I found answering this question quite therapeutic.
I hope swear words are okay...

Whatever happened to ‘The Insider’?

Had an e-mail from the club today saying they have changed the survey so we no longer have to agree to telemarketing calls in the tickbox at the end of the survey.  That is, we can now submit the survey without ticking the box.

I hate how this club tries to always attempts to nickel and dime it’s supporters

Will people previously signed it be removed from the list?

My favourite bit was when they asked what one thought of the AFL.  OH BOY!

what do you think of the AFL.
oh boy.

I found answering this question quite therapeutic.
I hope swear words are okay...

I must have filled in a different survey!
Didn't see a "What do you think of the AFL" question .. #Mystery

I hate how this club tries to always attempts to nickel and dime it's supporters

In an inspired piece of marketing, I cannot submit my completed survey unless I tick the box which confirms I agree to EFC's privacy policy which permits "selected partners" to cold call me.  Just what I need, more ■■■■■■ unwanted phone calls at dinner time. 

Nice try EFC.

I'm ■■■■■■ that to participate you had to give consent to be sent emails and promotions. EFC getting money out of fans rather than serving them.

Had an e-mail from the club today saying they have changed the survey so we no longer have to agree to telemarketing calls in the tickbox at the end of the survey.  That is, we can now submit the survey without ticking the box.

Ticking the box agreed to this ...

The information you provide is collected by the Essendon Football Club (EFC) and will be treated by EFC in accordance with the Club‘s Privacy Policy, available at www.essendonfc.com.au/privacy.
I consent to receiving news, information, promotions and updates from the Essendon Football Club (including on behalf of selected partners).

Didn't this...

The information you provide is collected by the Essendon Football Club (EFC) and will be treated by EFC in accordance with the Club‘s Privacy Policy, available at www.essendonfc.com.au/privacy.

Just mean this?

I consent to receiving news, information, promotions and updates from the Essendon Football Club (including on behalf of selected partners).

That being the case, does anyone really have a problem getting emails from those giving bucks to the club??

Thats part of the reason they give it, so the more they get from it, the more they'll give.

No one forces you to buy anything, but a lot of fans do, to support the entities that support the club.

Whats the drama? Big deal, it's not that hard to delete an email... of course,

you didn't actually put in your phone number, when you didn't have to, did you?

It's not just e-mails, I previously received telemarketing calls.  Whilst I understand your point, I'd rather not receive unwanted phone calls at dinner time, regardless whether that company supports the club or not.  And I still feel annoyed that the club supplies my details to telemarketers.

When I rang the club they advised you can change these preferences in your membership settings online.  But as stated, they have "decoupled" the marketing aspect from completion of the survey.

I initially supplied my phone number in my membership details on the off chance Hird wants urgent coaching advice at half-time.