EFC to Fletch: You didn't get the job you didn't apply for and that's okay

Straight from the Woosh’s mouth.

Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 39m39 minutes ago Woosha: "Hopefully Fletch and I can map out something for the future. He will be at the club in a role next year though."

Feel free to keep spazzing out though.

I think it is very very disappointing. Yet another questionable decision by the club.

Really? Maybe listen to what Worsfold had to say today regarding Fletcher. Then you might question yourself about jumping to conclusions and having no idea what actually goes on at the club.

Really? - Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 59m59 minutes ago
Woosha: “There isn’t a role for Dustin this year, but he is always welcome back. I will sit down with him when he gets back.”

BB affects Woozha’s opinion. (Or whoever is writing comments for him).

Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up having a part time role with the Hawks. Clarko would have had a few chats to him about it while they were away.

out: fletcher
in: akermanis

sick burn

All this anti Club crap based on an article in the Graudian. Let’s wait and see what happens when he’s back. Fletch does not come across as someone who gets bitter to me - unless it’s a bitter beer.

Straight from the Woosh's mouth.
Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 39m39 minutes ago Woosha: "Hopefully Fletch and I can map out something for the future. He will be at the club in a role next year though."

Times like this when I miss all of those crazy emoticons.

I would have thought this was an easy decision for Essendon for a couple of reasons…

1. Fletch is an Essendon icon and a serious part of the Fabric.
  2. His personality is simply someone who will always easily live within his means, is now financially solid and comfortable after such a long football career, and doesn’t want for much other then to be to turn up early and eat his vegemite toast and coffee in his car, then just help around the club he so dearly loves in whatever form.

Like i said before, this is an easy decision, and disappointing if it does not happen.

Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 20m00 minutes ago
Woosha: "Blitz is full of morons.

ps i was fonz101"

Straight from the Woosh's mouth.

Thankyou very much. I will.

Fletcher has been at the club pretty much his entire life. I would have thought that, at 40 maybe it would be time to have a change, maybe develop other skills apart from playing football. He’s had a pretty narrow existence up to now.

woosh saying its hard to keep adding with the cap on spending, and fletch didnt even formally apply for the vacant position

didnt even formally apply

BUT I’M OUTRAGED

Sounds like a repeat of the Bomber Thompson coaching appointment only this time, we weren’t trying to keep a spot open should someone wish to make a decision.

It’s a pity. If Fletch didn’t have the International Rules ambition, he may have had the time to consider his future options without it harming his chances on getting appointed this year.

Robinson didn’t apply either…

Governance has improved.

(Change the bloody thread title.)

Robinson didn't apply either...

Governance has improved.

(Change the bloody thread title.)

Good point. If we do ever appoint him, I hope that we do our due diligence and ring a few referees.

BUT I’M OUTRAGED

Every thread on blitz has outrage. Even the ‘think of anything positive’ thread.

BUT I’M OUTRAGED

Seems to be the default position in Blitz these days, lead by the usual suspects who like to agitate against anything the club does.

BUT I’M OUTRAGED

Every thread on blitz has outrage. Even the ‘think of anything positive’ thread.

That’s an outrageous statement!