EFC to Fletch: You didn't get the job you didn't apply for and that's okay

didnt even formally apply

BUT I’M OUTRAGED

Every thread on blitz has outrage. Even the ‘think of anything positive’ thread.

OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENT!!!

Robinson didn't apply either...

Governance has improved.

(Change the ■■■■■■ thread title.)

This

I’m not outraged. Slightly bemused actually.

Governance has improved.

(Change the bloody thread title.)

Done.

that is one disrespectful title… Fletch deserves more.

Governance has improved.

Done.

much better

fletcher will get other opportunities.
Wellman turned Frawley into a All Australian Backman which netted them pick 3 in the compo system.
Maybe Fletcher should head to Melbourne with Goodwin and help coach.

Unfortunately, after the destructive and embarrassing dogs breakfast at the end of 2014, I believe it is entirely justified by precendent to assume that any statement from a club official regarding coaching positions is a tissue of lies, unless it is thoroughly proven otherwise.

He can stay home and develop his kids.

1st page of this thread a fun read.

Unfortunately, after the destructive and embarrassing dogs breakfast at the end of 2014, I believe it is entirely justified by precendent to assume that any statement from a club official regarding coaching positions is a tissue of lies, unless it is thoroughly proven otherwise.
Next you'll be saying that those rumours that we've already got Guy McKenna signed up are true!

Governance has improved.

Done.

I’m outraged by this inflammatory title change. Thank you Riolio - much appreciated.

John Worsfold is open to expanding Dustin Fletcher’s role at the Club next year.

Fletcher retired at the end of the 2015 season after 400 games with the Bombers.

He has accepted a match day role that will see him work closely with various membership groups.

“He has taken on another role within the footy club, but not within the footy department,” Worsfold said.

“I’ll have plenty of opportunity to talk to him about the future.

“It’s a little bit tougher with the cap on football department spending to just keep adding.

“Right at the moment I’m getting a feel for what we’ve got here and how it’s going to work.

“I look forward to catching up with him when he’s back in the country and mapping out something that may take place down the track.

“He’s always welcome back at the footy club.”

Fletcher played for Australia in the International Rules Test against Ireland on the weekend.

It was his final act as a professional sportsman after more than 20 years at the top level.

Fletch can go to another club if he is serious about his coaching aspirations - Nothing wrong with developing his craft in a different environment.

In the future when he coaches us to a few flags he will say this was a blessing because he got to see how other clubs do things and expand his base before returning to the mighty bombers

Governance has improved.

Robinson didn’t apply either and got the job. And then look what happened.

Yes but we “severed ties” , thats a nasty thing to do , isnt it? EFC is nasty isnt it.

EFC is like Lady xxxxx McBeth: “I would have plucked my nipple from its boneless gums and bashed its brains out …”

Narrative.

I think what Worsfold was saying was “we’ll get rid of Harvey at the end of 2016. Fletch can have his job if he’s happy to wait”.

In the future when he coaches us to a few flags he will say this was a blessing because he got to see how other clubs do things and expand his base before returning to the mighty bombers
Bit like Sheeds when he went back to coach Richmond.... Oh wait...
I think what Worsfold was saying was "we'll get rid of Harvey at the end of 2016. Fletch can have his job if he's happy to wait".

I got the same kind of vibe. Can’t fit you in this year Fletch but stick around schmoozing the coteries on game day and there will be an opening in 2017.