EFC Training 4 June

Ok, better late than never! …even if you already know the changes to this weeks team.

Training in fine but cold conditions was both light and at times light-hearted. A good mood seems to prevail though what’s brought to the table on Saturday is anyone’s guess!

The usual drills to commence as part of a warm up followed by (again!), stoppage and transition work. All looks good when you aren’t against the weekend enemy!

Modified Training: Jobe, Fletch, Zacha, Myers, Hocking and Long.

Full training included Kommer and Winders.

Will not attempt to evaluate the mindset of players for this weekend other than to suggest by the end of the session they appeared in high spirits.

Now the photos…the first few of which are a sequence of play that showed the skills of Zerrett in weaving his way through traffic and dobbing a goal!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

awesome. thanks karmabomber

and now some more…

“Don’t worry Hurls. When you get all your hair off, you can borrow my MND Beanie!”

“Do we really have to run laps?”

“Now what can I do next to impress Hirdy? Finger up the snoz might get his attention!”

“Hey, this isn’t so bad after all Myersy!”

Plenty of love and attention went into this crowd favourite.

crikey!

Great pics karmabomber

So much better with a real camera …

…and

“Longy, you’ll have to buy your own beanie. This one’s promised to Hurls.”

“We can’t be too far off being listed at least as Emergencies? It seems like there are more emergencies every week!”

“I so want to tell 'em why I’ve got a smile on my face and why I’ve got my exclamation mark back!”

“Yeah, I know what you’re thinking KAV! I’ve gotta wait 'til next year to have those thoughts.”

“I’m not doing a lot right at the moment. Maybe I could start kicking a few goals. I’d enjoy that against the ■■■■■■■!”

Gee Myers has lost some size in the upper body - which of course you would expect given his injury. But it will take some time before he is back to his bullocking best.

Whoa, that grass in the Zerrett shots! Radioactive?

“Now hang on just a minute Melky. Stand in line if you want to get some 6-pointers. This week is mine for the taking.”

“Oh well. I can always try for a few majors in the Two’s.”

“Hey Gilesy. See if you can get a bag in the Two’s. I’m having trouble putting anything on the board in the seniors.”

“Look at me, look at me! I can kick goals if you let me.”

“Now listen here Shaun. I’m running this goal kicking clinic and no it’s not funny Mr Qwilt!”

Day 37: Still no sign of the the rescue party. Gave beanie to partner to distract him from the fact that I plan to eat him.

“I thought you knew how to kick Joey? Out of bounds on the full just won’t cut it.”

“You’re right Chappy. I’ve never seen a worse kick for goal…except that time a couple of weeks ago when I er umm screwed one big time!”

“He’s a funny fella that Stants. If he only realised that screwing the ball round the corner is the only way I know how to kick a goal!”

“Not funny, guys. We’ve gotta find a way back to the winner’s list.”

“Well I’m doing my bit down back Hepps. Maybe you midfielders could get more of the ball from centre clearances?”

That kick from Joey really went out on the full right? Judging by the line, then the eyes it’s a shocker.

Either that or they got tired of up close and personal photos (which BTW I love so thank you!).

…and to finish the session on a high note we had a game of kick for goal and “miss the human skittles”

“Now Kommsy, you realise the first kick will hit you between the shoulder blades. Don’t trust 'em!”

“Not enjoying this one bit. I’m supposed to kick the goals. Not ave to worry about wearing leather from these guys!”

“Aaah, that’s better. I knew I could trust me team mates to miss me.”

“I’m not so sure Nobby. What if they decide to come around and shoot at me from the front?”

Sensational pics karmabomber!

That kick from Joey really went out on the full right? Judging by the line, then the eyes it's a shocker.

Either that or they got tired of up close and personal photos (which BTW I love so thank you!).

Sure did go out on the full! Teammates thought it was hilarious.

Great shots. As you say,. doesnt seem to be an ambience of “gloom and doom” at the TVSC.

Thanks KB

Is that Michael Clarke standing next to Kommer?

WILSON: HIRD’S CONCUSSION REGIME

Loving the photo’s Karma. Thanks for posting!

Talk verde to me

Thanks kb - given the weather I was surprised the players turned up let alone any supporters. Great to see the group looking so positive.